Happy Father’s Day!
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and who has made the LORD his hope and confidence” – Jeremiah 17:7.
Today we honor ALL of the Fathers, from new dads to great-grandfather’s, those with children at home and those without, with healthy children to sick/disabled children, with biological children to those who are father figures for someone else; We thank you for all you do! The All Male Choir sang beautifully today and our men did a fantastic job leading the service today!
We were also blessed with the presence of the Manning Family Reunion, descendants with roots firmly planted in Concord Baptist Church, and we appreciate them for choosing to fellowship with us this morning.
Pastor Bridges’ text this morning was based on Genesis 17:1-4. Titled “A Father of Many Nations”, he encouraged our father’s to be men of God and strong examples to our young people. Don’t perpetuate procrastination, hibernation, or abomination! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of the service, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements if you missed them:
- Expressions of gratitude were received from Ronald & Joyce Bridges, The Jeffries Family, the Ebenezer Church Family, and the Manning Family Reunion.
- Senior Missionary will meet at Sis. Geraldine Littlejohn’s Tuesday, June 18th, at 3pm.
- The Men’s basketball team will have their final regular season basketball game this Tuesday at 7:30pm – all are invited to come out to support the team as they play the #1 team.
- Senior Usher Board will meet next Sunday after service.
- Shining Star’s Rehearsal will be the 5th Saturday, June 29th, at 12pm.
- Registration for Concord Baptist Church Summer Camp Program 2013 is still open. More Summer Camp Info…
- The Know2 Summer Reading program is being held at the church every Wednesday from 5pm – 6pm in the Family Life Center. Loretta Holmes is coordinating, please contact her if you are willing to volunteer to help.
- All are invited to the Shiloh Baptist Church, Pauline-Glenn Springs, SC, Saturday June 22nd at 11am as the Women’s Ministry presents “Bad Girls of the Bible Brunch”. Our own Minister Verlinda Mintz will be one of the featured guest speakers for the event. Contact Minister Mintz if you are interested in going and in need of transportation.
- All are invited to the 39th Year Anniversary of Joe Dawkins, Sr of WFGN 1180. It will be held June 23rd, 2013 at 4pm at Encounter Church, Gaffney, SC – Adults $15 / Children 6-12 years $7 at the door. Featuring groups such as The Legendary Singing Stars, Paul Beasley & the Gospel Keynotes, Gentle Johnson & the Gospel Melodyaires, the Sensational Gospel Eagles and many more….
- Youth day is June 30th – please give all awards and recognitions to Shari Byers.
- June 30th – Singing Convention.
- The church family is invited to the celebration of Dunton United Methodist Church’s 143rd church anniversary on Sunday, June 30th at 3pm.
- July 8 – 11 – Vacation Bible School at Concord Baptist Church
- July 14th – the Church Family is invited to Mt Zion Baptist Church, Gramling, SC for their Homecoming Service. Dr Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word.
Please remember to pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!