A Season of Change
We thank God for this beautiful autumn day. We praise Him for another day of His tender mercy and grace. As we watch the leaves change and the trees release them to fall to the ground, we are reminded that this life is temporary and that only what is done for Christ will last. Just as the tree purges and readies itself for a spring and new blooms, let us take this time to stop bad habits and practices that prevent us for moving to the next level in Christ. The message through Pastor Bridges today was “Can’t Tell Everything” (Proverbs 11:13). Which person do you want to be: a talebearer or trustworthy? It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of the service, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements if you missed them:
- Today at 4:00pm – Trustee Day Service – Rev. Gene Williams, Pastor of St Paul Baptist Church of Anderson, SC along with his congregation will be our special guests.
- Missionary #2 will meet at Concord Acres.
- Bible study will be held Wednesday morning only this week; No Bible study this Wednesday evening.
- October 30th 6-8pm – Fall Festival – All ages are invited to share in the fun and fellowship.
- Mass Choir rehearsal will be Saturday at 12pm.
- 1st Saturday in November – don’t forget to set your clocks back 1 hour.
- November 9th – Senior Missionary sponsoring a trip to the Dallas Flea Market. See Sis. Lillie Jones, Bernice McGill or Annie Houey for more information.
- Concord Baptist Church 141st Anniversary will be the 4th Sunday in November during morning worship service. If you are able to give, a special offering gift of a $141 is appreciated.
- 2nd Sunday in December at 3pm, our very own Loretta Holmes will deliver her initial sermon. All are requested to come out and support.
Please remember to pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!