Happy New Year to all! We praise God and thank Him for bringing us in to a new year, a new month, a new week, and another day… allowing us another opportunity to get it right. Pastor Bridges asked this morning, “Are you hot for the Lord?” (Revelations 3:14-16). There’s no better time than today to commit to studying God’s Word for you to get to know Christ or build a stronger relationship with Him. It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- The Shining Stars will practice the next two Saturdays, January 11th and January 18th in preparation for their upcoming anniversary. There will not be practice January 25th.
- The Food Committee will meet next Sunday immediately following morning worship.
- The All Male Choir will rehearse this Thursday at 7pm.
- Sunday January 12th is Hospitality Day. The Hospitality committee will be in charge of morning worship. Rev. Phillip Buckson and the Pine Grove Baptist Church of Iva, SC will be our special guests.
- There will be a trip to go see the Honda Battle of the Bands on January 25th at the Georgia Dome. Doors open at 2:00 & the show starts promptly at 3:00pm. Total cost for the trip is $35 per person. Please pay by the 2nd Sunday in January. See Bro. Johnny Sarratt or Sis. Debra Johnson for more info.
- On January 19th, the church family is invited to New Hope Baptist Church in Simpsonville, SC to celebrate Rev. Dennis Smith’s Pastoral Anniversary. Rev. Bridges will be bringing the Spoken Word.
- On the 4th Sunday in January, the church family is invited to Pine Grove Baptist Church of Iva, SC for their 100 Men in Black program. Rev. Bridges will be bringing the Spoken Word.
- The Cherokee County Coalition and the NAACP Cherokee County Branch are joining efforts in sponsoring activities to celebrate the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday in 2014. Contact WFGN 1180 Radio Station, Jessie’s Barber Shop, Uniquely Silk Florist, Charles Montgomery, Jessie Manning, Mary Ann Jolly, or Rev. Antoinette Gardner for more information. Celebration events are as follows:
- Saturday, January 18th
- 9am – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Prayer Breakfast at the Bethel Baptist Church Fellowship Hall. The Keynote Speaker for this breakfast is Former SC State Senator Kay Patterson. $10
- 12noon – Parade on North Limestone Street
- Following Parade – “Lift Every Voice” in the parking lot of the Cherokee County Administration Bldg. – Free and open to the public
- Sunday, January 19th
- 5:30pm – “Step Into Your Dream” at Granard Middle School. – Free and open to the public
- Saturday, January 18th
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!