We praise God and thank Him for such an awesome service this morning. The Hospitality Committee did a fantastic job running the service this morning and ushering in the Holy Spirit to move so powerfully today! They are truly “ON FIRE” for the Lord! The All Male Choir and the Senior Choir sang their hearts out! The Word this morning was “Learning to Use Hospitality” (1 Peter 4:1-9). Pastor Bridges encouraged us to be hospitable to others, even when they may not be nice back. If others see us smiling, caring, and being kind – we may be able to bring them to Christ as they see Him working through us. Ask God to step in and help others see Him through you! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- The Shining Stars will NOT practice the next two Saturdays, January 18th and January 25th due to other scheduled events.
- Please come back this afternoon at 3pm as we continue Hospitality Day. Rev. Phillip Buckson and the Pine Grove Baptist Church of Iva, SC will be our special guests.
- There will be a trip to go see the Honda Battle of the Bands on January 25th at the Georgia Dome. Doors open at 2:00 & the show starts promptly at 3:00pm. Total cost for the trip is $35 per person. If you haven’t already paid, please pay today. See Bro. Johnny Sarratt or Sis. Debra Johnson for more info.
- The Concord Baptist Church family is invited to the Jerusalem Baptist Church Trustee Installation Program, Sunday Jan. 12 at 3pm. Rev. Don Manning of Hardy chapel will deliver the message.
- On January 19th, the church family is invited to New Hope Baptist Church in Simpsonville, SC to celebrate Rev. Dennis Smith’s Pastoral Anniversary. Rev. Bridges will be bringing the Spoken Word.
- On the 4th Sunday in January, the church family is invited to Pine Grove Baptist Church of Iva, SC for their 100 Men in Black program. Rev. Bridges will be bringing the Spoken Word.
- The Cherokee County Coalition and the NAACP Cherokee County Branch are joining efforts in sponsoring activities to celebrate the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday in 2014. Contact WFGN 1180 Radio Station, Jessie’s Barber Shop, Uniquely Silk Florist, Charles Montgomery, Jessie Manning, Mary Ann Jolly, or Rev. Antoinette Gardner for more information. Celebration events are as follows:
- Saturday, January 18th
- 9am – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Prayer Breakfast at the Bethel Baptist Church Fellowship Hall. The Keynote Speaker for this breakfast is Former SC State Senator Kay Patterson. $10
- 12noon – Parade on North Limestone Street
- Following Parade – “Lift Every Voice” in the parking lot of the Cherokee County Administration Bldg. – Free and open to the public
- Sunday, January 19th
- 5:30pm – “Step Into Your Dream” at Granard Middle School. – Free and open to the public
- Saturday, January 18th
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!