A Dangerous Game
Oh what a powerful and uplifting service we had this morning! The anointing of the Holy Spirit was upon Concord Baptist Church and if you missed it, you missed a real blessing! The Spoken Word from Pastor Bridges was “Are you playing a dangerous game?” (2 Samuel 2:12-17). Life is very much like a game. Put on your helmet of salvation to protect you. If you are living life without God on your side, you are playing a dangerous game! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- The Senior Gospel Choir will practice this Thursday at 5:30pm.r
- The All Male Choir will practice this Thursday at 7pm.
- The Shining Stars will practice every Saturday in February at 12 noon in preparation for their anniversary program.
- The Mass Choir will practice Saturday at 1:30pm.
- Next Sunday, February 9th at 3pm the church family is invited to Mills Chapel Holiness Church of Gastonia, NC for their 4th Annual Pack the Pews Family and Friends Day worship. Dr. Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word.
- February is American Heart Disease Awareness month. All are asked to join us in wearing Red on Sunday, February 16th to raise awareness about this deadly disease affecting our communities.
- There is a Youth trip planned for Saturday, February 22nd to go to see the Charlotte Bobcats play. Tickets are $15 and a signup sheet is in the lobby. Contact Bro. Ike Bridges for more info.
- February 23rd Concord will hold it’s Annual Black History Celebration during morning worship. Rev. Dr. Leon Rector will be our special guest.
- February 23rd at 3:00pm the Bridges Family will hold their 13th Anniversary Program at Concord Baptist Church.
- Van driver for the month of February is Sis. Annette Smith.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!