A New Heart
Despite the rain outside, God truly shined His light in Concord this morning! We thank God for Minister Amanda (Rodgers) Sanders from Dallas, Texas who shared with us “The First Heart Transplant” (Ezekiel36:25-28). If we will put away the idolatry that consumes more time than what we give to God, He promises to give us a new heart – a heart to do what He asks us to do. What new thing is God trying to put in you that you are trying to reject? Won’t you let Him come in and work through you today? It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- This afternoon at 3:00pm the Concord Church family is invited to Ebenezer Baptist Church for their Deacon Ordination Program. Pastor Bridges will be delivering the Spoken Word for this occasion.
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis. Eula Mae Thomas’ home on Tuesday at 3pm.
- Concord Men’s basketball team will play at Cherokee Creek Baptist Church Tuesday at 7pm.
- Anyone planning to attend the banquet for the Senior and Junior Usher Board on March 22nd at 5:00pm are asked to please contact Bro. Boyce Harris by March 17th so we can make accurate arrangements.
- March 31st is youth day ~ Our very own Minister Loretta Holmes will deliver the morning message. Any youth wishing to participate in the program please see Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith.
- All are invited to participate in Concrete Memories: “Healing One Step at a Time” a FIRST time memorial WALK honoring the lives of our loved ones lost due to vehicle fatalities. This year’s event is in special honor of the life of Bernard “Nard” Jefferies. The walk will take place on April 12, 2014 at the Gaffney High School Track from 4pm-6pm. Please contact us if you are interested in being a part of this event, you would like to make a donation, or you have any questions. All proceeds will go towards the award of a BOOK SCHOLARSHIP for a graduating student of Gaffney High School.Thank you in advance for your support.
Anquasia Johnson-Founder/Event Coordinator
Aaliyah Rainey-Event Coordinator
- March is Colon Cancer Awareness month. Please ask your doctor about screening for this preventable and treatable disease. For more information go to: http://www.screenforcoloncancer.org
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!