What a blessing it is to see our youth in charge of the morning worship! They did such an awesome job this morning! Congratulations to everyone on their awards and achievements! Minister Loretta Holmes brought the Spoken Word this morning entitled “Extreme Home Makeover: Spiritual Youth Edition” (Mark 2:22 & Romans 12:2). She encouraged us to look into our spiritual mirror and ask ourselves what we see. Do we see someone who is striving to do good, loving their enemies, acting one way on Sunday but another way the rest of the week, being obedient to their parents, teachers, and elders? Do we like what we see? When we ask God to be the lead of our life, we have to be careful not to get stuck in our old practices and structures. If we will abandon the old ‘skins’, we will make room for God to do an extreme makeover in our life. He will build us up anew, Jesus’s blood washes away our sins, and the Holy Spirit will dwell within us and guide us along the way. It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- Sign up sheets for the GBO Basketball teams are in the lobby. Parents for any youth wanting to participate, please complete one and turn it in as soon as possible. Thank you!
- The All Male Choir will rehearse Thursday at 7pm.
- The Deaconesses will meet Saturday at 10am.
- The Concord Church family is invited to Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Gramling, SC on April 6th for their Men’s Day. Rev. Bridges will be bringing the Spoken Word and the All Male Choir will be rendering songs of praise.
- The Youth Revival is during Spring Break, April 14th – 16th at 7:00pm each night. The guest speakers will be:
- Mon., April 14 – Dr. Kevin Russell Shepherd, Mt. Rowell Baptist Church, Union, SC
- Tue., April 15 – Dr. J.W. Sanders, Jr., Bethel Baptist Church, Gaffney,SC
- Wed., April 16 – Rev. Milton Edwards, Fairview CME Church, Chesnee, SC
- Any youth interested in participating in the Youth Revival programs, please see Minister Mintz or Shari Byers.
- The Family Fun Day will be held on April 19th from 12noon – 4pm here in the Family Life Center. There will be a bounce house, slide, train ride, basketball games and food. A sign up sheet is in the lobby if you would like to participate in the basketball games. Let’s come out for good food, fun and fellowship! For questions or to volunteer please see Minister Verlinda Mintz, Sis. Stephanie Tate or Bro. Johnny Sarratt.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!