First of all, we praise God for more souls accepting Him as their Lord and Savior every Sunday this month! We are also thankful for a candidate in the upcoming Cherokee County Sheriff election, Greg Phillips, and his family who came and worshipped with us and blessed us with a song of praise this morning. The YWAs did a great job ushering in the Holy Spirit and leading worship service this morning. The Shining Stars and All Male Chorus truly made joyful noises unto the Lord! We received an encouraging Word from Minister Verlinda Mintz this morning telling us “Don’t faint! After this there will be glory!” (Galatians 6:7-9) She encouraged us to not give up. Keep doing good works and don’t grow weary, even when you don’t feel like it. You will reap what you sow, and though it may not be your season yet – your glory is coming! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- Sign up sheets for the GBO sponsored basketball teams are due today. Please turn in the registration form to Bros. J.J. Sarratt or Courtney Dawkins. Thank you!
- The Missionary #2 will meet at Concord Acres on Tuesday at 7pm.
- The Men’s Basketball team will play this Tuesday at 7pm at Your Best Body.
- There will be no Wednesday evening Bible Study this week due to the Sunday School Congress. There will be Wednesday morning Bible Study.
- April 28th through May 2nd at 6pm nightly – the TMBA Sunday School Congress Training session will be held at Bethel Baptist Church. There will be a graduation ceremony for those attending five classes.
- In recognition of the World Day of Prayer, all are welcome to join us at the Gaffney City Administration Building on May 1st at 12:00 Noon.
- The Concord Church family has been invited to Harrison Grove Baptist Church’s Homecoming Service on Sunday, May 4th at 2:00pm. Rev Bridges will be bringing the Spoken Word for this occasion. Vans will leave directly after morning worship and we will eat dinner at Harrison Grove.
- The TMBA YWAs also invite everyone to join us on Friday, May 9th from 7:00pm – 1:00am for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Walk on the Timken track.
- The Concord Church Family has been invited to the Galilee Baptist Church of Blacksburg for their Women’s Conference entitled “Vessels for the Master’s Use” on May 9th – May 11th. Friday at 7pm and on Saturday’s Mother-Daughter Luncheon at 11am, Reverend Jackie Fair, Pastor of the Little River Baptist Church of Ware Shoals, SC will bring the Spoken Word. On Sunday, our very own Minister Verlinda Mintz will bring the Word of God.
- May 18th is the Senior Gospel Choir Anniversary.
- June 9th – July 25th, Concord will host it’s annual Summer Youth Camp. Hours will be from 7am to 5pm each day. More info forth coming.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!