Oh what a glorious day! We thank God for a new day, new tender mercies, and the new saints baptized into our Christian family today. Rev. Bridges delivered the Spoken Word for today, “That’s Who I’m Looking For” (Luke 7:17-24) Do you know who you should be looking for? He’s not lost, He’s just waiting for you to make the move to come to Him. It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- The Concord Church family has been invited to Harrison Grove Baptist Church’s Homecoming Service today at 2:00pm. Rev Bridges will be bringing the Spoken Word for this occasion. Vans will leave directly after morning worship and we will eat dinner at Harrison Grove.
- The GBO is sponsoring cheerleading squads for girls in grades K5 – 5th grade. Sign up sheets are in the lobby. Please turn them in or ask questions to Sis. Sheena Tate or Bro Johnny Sarratt by the 4th Sunday in May.
- The Men’s Basketball team will play this Tuesday at 6:30pm at Your Best Body.
- There will be no Bible Study Wednesday morning or evening this week.
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Thursday at 5:30 pm.
- The Shining stars will not practice the 2nd Saturday in May. They will practice the 3rd Saturday, May 17th, and 4th Saturday, May 24th, at Noon on both dates. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- The TMBA YWAs also invite everyone to join us on Friday, May 9th from 7:00pm – 1:00am for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Walk on the Timken track.
- Missionary #2’s Annual Mother/Daughter Brunch will be held this Saturday, May 10th at 11:00am – 2:00pm in the family life center.
- Sunday May 11th is Mother’s Day. Mother’s will be in charge of morning worship service.
- The Concord Church Family has been invited to the Galilee Baptist Church of Blacksburg for their Women’s Conference entitled “Vessels for the Master’s Use” on May 9th – May 11th. Friday at 7pm and on Saturday’s Mother-Daughter Luncheon at 11am, Reverend Jackie Fair, Pastor of the Little River Baptist Church of Ware Shoals, SC will bring the Spoken Word. On Sunday, our very own Minister Verlinda Mintz will bring the Word of God.
- ReGenisis is holding a FREE health fair on Saturday, May 17th from 8:30am to 1:00pm at Dunton United Methodist Church at 320 E. Buford Street.
- May 17th at 4:00 pm the TMBA will honor graduates at Gaffney Middle School.
- May 18th is the Senior Gospel Choir Anniversary at 3:00pm.
- On May 25th at 2:00pm, the Concord family is invited to Jerusalem Baptist Church for Pastor Dwayne Cooper pastoral anniversary. Dinner is at 2:00pm. Rev Bridges will be delivering the Spoken Word for this event.
- Community Baptist Church of Spartanburg invites everyone out to celebrate Rev. Allen Rector’s 27th Pastoral Anniversary on Sunday, May 25th at 4:00 PM. Rev. Les Howard, Pastor of Macedonia Baptist Church of Waco, NC will be the guest speaker.
- The All Male Choir’s 53rd Anniversary will be Sunday, June 1st at 3:00 pm
- June 9th – July 25th, Concord will host it’s annual Summer Youth Camp. Hours will be from 7am to 5pm each day. More info forth coming.
- SC Career Readiness Certificate Program are holding tests by appointment on Thursdays beginning at 8:15am. Registration times are Fridays at 8:30am.
Upon successful completion of the tests either a Gold, Silver or Bronze Work Certificate will be awarded.
“Work Keys” Tests are FREE for the remainder of the school year!
Summer School Registration will be June 4th at 8:30am and Classes begin on June 9th and run Monday – Thursday 8a – 12noon.
Fore More info call Ola Copeland Learning Center at (864) 487 – 7152 or go to http://clc.cherokee1.k12.sc.us/pages/Community_Learning_Center.
- Are you a Homeless Veteran? Are you a Veteran at Risk of Being Homeless? Do you know a veteran that fits into either category?
If Yes, call 864 – 271 – 8725 and ask to speak to an intake specialist for the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program.
- The Upstate has a huge need for foster parents. Miracle Hill is currently certifying single and married people interested in filling this need. For more information go to https://miraclehill.org/children/foster-care/
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!