Thank God for mama; she taught me how to pray. Thank God for mama; she showed me the right way. The mothers did a wonderful job leading service this morning and we were blessed with songs from the Senior Gospel Choir and the gospel recording artists The Keys of Harmony Gospel Singers. We praise God for everyone who participated on the program today. Pastor Bridges encouraged us with a Word from God in his sermon “Miracles in the Midst of Mothers” (2 Kings 4:8-18). No matter what is going on or how many times we try and things don’t seem to be working out, God still cares for you! Stay faithful, keep doing what is good and right in the eyes of the Lord, and continue to pray and take all your cares to Him… your breakthrough is coming! Miracles still happen! Praise God! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- The GBO is sponsoring cheerleading squads for girls in grades K5 – 5th grade. Sign up sheets are in the lobby. Please turn them in or ask questions to Sis. Sheena Tate or Bro Johnny Sarratt by the 4th Sunday in May.
- The YWAs will meet this Saturday, May 17th at 11am. New members are invited to join us. Coming from the president, Tela Felder
- The Shining stars will practice the 3rd Saturday, May 17th, and 4th Saturday, May 24th, at Noon on both dates. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Saturday at 3:00 pm.
- ReGenisis is holding a FREE health fair on Saturday, May 17th from 8:30am to 1:00pm at Dunton United Methodist Church at 320 E. Buford Street.
- May 17th at 4:00 pm the TMBA will honor graduates at Gaffney Middle School.
- May 18th is the Senior Gospel Choir Anniversary at 3:00pm.
- Praise Dance Extravaganza – Saturday, May 24th at 5:00pm at the Gaffney Middle School Gym. Praise Dancers from all over the Upstate will be performing. MCs for the event are Minister Verlinda Mintz and Minister Anitonette Gardner. Donations for admission are $3 for adults, youth 17 and under are free.
- On May 25th at 2:00pm, the Concord family is invited to Jerusalem Baptist Church for Pastor Dwayne Cooper pastoral anniversary. Dinner is at 2:00pm. Rev Bridges will be delivering the Spoken Word for this event.
- We will honor our graduates on June 1st – K5, High School and College graduates. Sign up list is on the table at the back of the church. High School and College graduates, fill out the information form on the table and return it to Shari Byers by the 4th Sunday, May 25th.
- The All Male Choir’s 53rd Anniversary will be Sunday, June 1st at 3:00 pm
- June 9th – July 25th, Concord will host it’s annual Summer Youth Camp. Hours will be from 7am to 5pm each day. More info forth coming.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!