The devil is always busy, but we will praise God anyhow! We appreciate the Gaffney High School reunion classes that chose to join us for morning worship this morning. God bless you all. Pastor Bridges reminded us that we are all headed somewhere… We don’t know the day or the hour! Have you let Christ in to be the head of your life? “Only You Can Open the Door” (Revelations 3:14-20). Jesus Christ is the only door you need to get into Heaven and to find peace in the middle of the storms of life. He is the way, the truth, and the life! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
We apologize for the technical difficulties. Here are today’s announcements:
- The 2015 MLK Dream Weekend Scholarship Award process is open to the public. Eleven scholarships will be awarded totaling over $100,000. All scholarship entries will be evaluated for selection based on transcripts, letters of recommendation, autobiography statement, GPA, financial need and demonstrated leadership and community service.The scholarships will be awarded at the MLK Dream Weekend Diversity Banquet, scheduled for Friday, January 16, 2015 at 7:00PM at the TD Convention Center, with guest speaker internationally recognized native of Greenville and former 2-time Presidential Candidate, Rev. Jesse Jackson.To learn more about these exciting scholarships and/or to apply online, visit www.mlkdreamweekend.com/scholarships
and complete the 2015 Scholarship Application Packet. The deadline for applying is October 31, 2014.
- The Shining Stars will rehearse Saturday, October 11th & 25th at 12:00 Noon. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes at Gaffney High school is a host site for a nationwide event called Field of faith(FOF). This is a student led event where students invite, pray for, share with, and challenge their peers to read the Bible and follow Jesus Christ. The Cherokee County event will be held on October 8, 2014 from 6pm to 7:30pm.
If you would like to be involved or help with this event in any way please contact Tierney Rollins at Gaffney High School. We are in need of adult supervision and encouragers.
- On Sunday, Oct 12th The church family is invited to Bethesda Baptist Church to help celebrate Rev. Oglesby’s 2nd pastoral anniversary. Dr. Bridges will deliver the spoken word. Dinner will be served at 1:30 and the service will start at 2:30.
- Thickety Mountain Baptist Association Brotherhood Breakfast will be held on Saturday, October 18th at 9:00 am here at Concord Baptist church
- Mermon Presbyterian Church of Rock Hill invites everyone out to their 2014 Gospel Choir Anniversary, Sunday Oct 19th at 3pm.
- October is breast cancer awareness month. On Sunday, Oct 19th we will participate in Pink Sunday. All are asked to wear pink.
- October 26th is Trustee Day.
- On November 23rd we will celebrate our 142nd Church Anniversary.
- Today, the nursery ministry reopened during morning worship service for children ages 4 and under. Parents that plan on using the service are asked to contact Sis. Angela McGill or Sis. Mary Ellis for more information. They are seeking volunteers to help with this ministry. All volunteers will be screened.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!