Jesus is Real and He won’t let us fall. Daily we will worship Him! Pastor Bridges gave us some much needed instructions on “How to Handle a Difficult Diagnosis” (2 Kings 20:1-7). If we do what we are supposed to do, no matter what difficulties we are having in life, we can rest assured that we can go to Him and He will hear and answer our prayers! Nothing is to big or too small for our God. Seek Him first! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
We apologize for the technical difficulties. Here are today’s announcements:
- The 2015 MLK Dream Weekend Scholarship Award process is open to the public. Eleven scholarships will be awarded totaling over $100,000. All scholarship entries will be evaluated for selection based on transcripts, letters of recommendation, autobiography statement, GPA, financial need and demonstrated leadership and community service.The scholarships will be awarded at the MLK Dream Weekend Diversity Banquet, scheduled for Friday, January 16, 2015 at 7:00PM at the TD Convention Center, with guest speaker internationally recognized native of Greenville and former 2-time Presidential Candidate, Rev. Jesse Jackson.To learn more about these exciting scholarships and/or to apply online, visit www.mlkdreamweekend.com/scholarships and complete the 2015 Scholarship Application Packet. The deadline for applying is October 31, 2014.
- The Shining Stars will rehearse Saturday, October 25th at 12:00 Noon. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- This afternoon the church family is invited to Bethesda Baptist Church to help celebrate Rev. Oglesby’s 2nd pastoral anniversary. Dr. Bridges will deliver the spoken word. Dinner will be served at 1:30 and the service will start at 2:30.
- This Wednesday there will be no morning or evening Bible Study.
- Job Fair – Wednesday, Oct 15th from 9am to 12pm. L. Hoke Parris Business Training Center on the Cherokee County Campus of Spartanburg Community College.
- Thickety Mountain Baptist Association Brotherhood Breakfast will be held on Saturday, October 18th at 9:00 am here at Concord Baptist church
- October is breast cancer awareness month. On Sunday, Oct 19th we will participate in Pink Sunday. All are asked to wear pink.
- October 20-24 – 6:00-8:30 PM – The TMBA Sunday School Congress will hold their fall session at Bethel Baptist Church, Gaffney.
- October 26th is Trustee Day. The trustees will be in charge of the morning worship service.
- October 26th 4:00 pm – The church family is invited to Holden Chapel Baptist Church, Boiling Springs, SC for their Men’s Day program. Pastor Bridges will deliver the spoken word. The All Male Choir will render songs of praise.
- On October 29th 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Fall Festival in the Family Life Center. The YWAs are requesting candy donations. There will be a box in the lobby to leave it or please give it to one of the YWA members. Thank you for your support.
- On November 23rd we will celebrate our 142nd Church Anniversary.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!