Man, oh man! Anyone not standing this morning wasn’t physically able to because there was no possible way to sit still with the Holy Spirit moving like He did this morning! The Shining Stars and the All Male Choir showed out glorifying God with songs and Pastor Bridges taught us that “Faith Without Works is Dead” (James 2:17-26). True faith is more than belief in Jesus Christ. It is when what we believe is evidenced in our actions! When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we don’t keep doing the same things we did before. We get a new talk and a new walk. When temptation strikes, we can say no because we want to please our Father in Heaven and not men on Earth. It’s not enough to just believe, we must change and live our lives they way Jesus showed and taught us how to live. It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- Missionary #2 will meet Tuesday Oct 28th at 6:30pm at Concord Acres.
- This afternoon at 4:00 pm – The church family is invited to Holden Chapel Baptist Church, Boiling Springs, SC for their Men’s Day program. Pastor Bridges will deliver the spoken word. The All Male Choir will render songs of praise.
- On October 29th 6:00pm – 8:00pm – Fall Festival in the Family Life Center. Come out for fun and fellowship.
- On November 2, the church family is invited to First Baptist Church in Lawndale, NC to help celebrate Dr. Billy Houze Pastoral Anniversary. Dr. Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word and the mass choir will render songs of praise.
- On November 8th from 10am – 2pm, we will host the Cherokee County EMS and provide assistance signing up our members and community members for the new FREE Smart911 service. Computers and volunteers will be available to help you sign up in the Family Life Center. When you call 9-1-1 from your cell phone the Emergency Responders do not know where you are. With this new registry, a call from your cell phone or other registered phone numbers will trigger the release of not only your address, but important health and emergency contact information. You can provide as little or as much information as you desire and all of your information is held confidential. It is available for viewing by EMS personnel ONLY if/when you call 9-1-1. This information can save seconds or minutes during an emergency. Read more about it at Smar911.com.
- The Free Senior Citizens Thanksgiving Dinner sponsored by the GBO for seniors age 62 and up will be held on Nov 8th from 12p-3pm at the Beltline Apartments Cafeteria. To-Go boxes will only be served after 2:30. See Bro. Johnny Sarratt for more information.
- Thursday, Nov 13th at 6:30A Fundraising Event for Miracle Hill Rescue Mission – Cherokee County at Broad River Electric Co Op, 811 Hamrick Street, Gaffney, SC 29340. The guest speaker is Ron Hall, best-selling author of the book “Same Kind of Different As Me”. Please come out and learn how you can be a blessing to the homeless of Cherokee County.
- Outreach for Haiti will be Sunday Nov 16th. Please bring any new or gently used clothing and shoes. They will be boxed and loaded onto the truck at the family life center. Thank you for being a blessing.
- The Ministerial Alliance and Neighborhood Alliance are holding a meeting at the Gaffney Middle School Cafeteria on Tuesday, Nov 18th from 6p – 8p. The theme is “One team, One Dream”. Highlights of the evening include:
FREE Spaghetti Supper, Performance by GMS Chorus Students, Community Meeting / Small Group Discussions, FREE Door Prizes, Event Focus: How do WE work together to ensure the success of ALL of our students?
- On November 23rd we will celebrate our 142nd Church Anniversary.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!