We thank God for “The Love of Jesus”! (John 15:13). Pastor Bridges asked how we can say we love God whom we’ve not seen, but hate our brother or sister who we see everyday? He reminded us to love one another and to fix those broken relationships in our lives before it is too late. As Christians, we must let God’s love be visible in our actions towards each other so that others might come to know Him! We are also thankful for Professor Ivory Wilson for coming and sharing a moment of black history with us. It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- This afternoon at 3pm, the church family is invited to Travelers Rest Baptist Church to help them pack the pews. Pastor Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word and the Mass Choir will render songs of praise.
- The Men’s basketball team will play Draytonville Monday at 6pm at Cherokee Creek Baptist Church.
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis. Inez Dawkins Home this Tuesday, February 17th at 3:00pm
- The Shining Stars will practice this Saturday at noon in preparation for our upcoming anniversary. The Advisors.
- The Gowdyesville Baptist Church invites everyone out to a Benefit Singing Program for Bro. Calvin Littlejohn (the brother of our own Minister Verlinda Mintz). The program is Saturday, Feb 21st at 3:00 pm. All area choirs and groups are welcome to come out and join in and are asked to RSVP to Min. Verlinda Mintz or Sis. Delois Shippy. If you are unable to come, please keep Bro. Calvin and Sis. Tammy lifted up in prayer.
- The Ministerial Alliance and Neighborhood Alliance are holding a meeting at the Gaffney Middle School Cafeteria on Feb 23rd from 6p – 8p. The theme is One team One Dream. Highlights of the evening include: FREE Chicken Tender Supper, Community Meeting / Small Group Discussions and FREE Door Prizes. Sessions include: Honoring and celebrating diversity, Helping our children with their homework and assignments, and What are our children doing on Social Media?
- The Shining Stars Anniversary will be Sunday, March 1st at 3:00 pm.
- Online giving is now available at cbcgaffney.org.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!