As we go through life we fall and sometimes we get knocked down, but we don’t have to stay down. Pastor Bridges encouraged us to “Get Up Again”! (Proverbs 24:16) Don’t let others try to pull you down or keep you down. Stay encouraged and keep on following the path God has set for you. It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- The Deaconess Ministry of Mikes Creek Missionary Baptist Church invites everyone out to their program “Christian Women Walking by Faith, Not By Sight” on Sunday, March 15th at 3:00pm. Our own Minister Loretta Holmes will deliver the spoken word.
- The Senior Missionary will meet this Tuesday at 3pm at Sis Eula Thomas’ home.
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Thursday at 5:30pm
- March 19th from 4pm – 6:30pm there will be a FAFSA Day at Gaffney High School in the Computer lab (Room 2830). Counselors will be available to help parents of high school seniors to complete the application process required for all college students to be awarded financial aid. Make sure to bring all Social Security numbers, Dates of birth, and your FAFSA pin if you already have one.
- The Shining Stars will rehearse this Saturday at 12 noon. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- The YWAs are organizing a meet up opportunity for fun and Christian fellowship on Saturday, March 21st starting at 3pm. We will be meeting at Outback Steakhouse in Gaffney for a dutch meal followed by bowling at the Big E. Everyone is responsible for paying for their own meal and bowling. Bowling is $10 per person and includes 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental. We are asking anyone planning to attend to sign up in the lobby by Sunday, March 15th so we can make sure we have appropriate dinner and bowling reservations. See President, Felicia Galmer, Debra Johnson, Kathy Littlejohn or Jackie Bridges for questions.
- South Carolina Sunday School Congress will be held March 27-28th at 7:00 PM Nightly at Bethel Baptist Church, Gaffney, SC
- The 5th Sunday in March is Youth Sunday. Reverend Reginald Littlejohn will bring the message for morning worship. Please contact Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith if you would like to participate on the program.
- The Health & Safety Committee will meet Saturday, April 6 at 9am.
- On April 11, 2015, the Giving Back Organization is sponsoring a trip to Atlanta, GA to the Martin Luther King, Jr Museum and the Georgia Aquarium. The MLK Museum is free and the Aquarium tickets are: Adults $30, High School Students $25, and Middle Schoolers and under are $20. (Elementary school age students must have a chaperone.) Deadline for money is March 29th. Please sign up on the list in the lobby. See Johnny Sarratt Sr. for more information.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!