He is able!!!
God is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think! But we have to do our parts as well! In his sermon, “God is Still Working On Me” (Philippians 1:6), Pastor Bridges taught us that God didn’t bless us or save us to be losers, but sometimes we have to lose to win. When you accept Jesus Christ as your savior and you start doing right, you are gonna lose unhappiness and gain joy and peace. You lose some bad habits, and you’ll probably lose some friends. Don’t let Satan use fear to keep you from walking in to what God has for you! Let Him keep working on you! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- No morning or evening Bible study this Wednesday.
- All K5, High School, or College Graduates are asked to sign the list on the table in the foyer. All High School and College graduates are asked to complete one of the forms and give it to Sis. Shari Byers.
- This afternoon at 2pm the Church family is invited to Harrison Grove Baptist Church for their Homecoming. Dr. Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word and the Mass Choir will render songs of praise. Rev. Bridges will be delivering the spoken word and the Mass Choir will deliver songs of praise. The vans will leave the church at 12:45 and dinner will be served at 1:15.
- The Concord men’s basketball team will play this Tuesday at 6:30pm at Your Best Body. Please come out and support the team.
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Thursday at 5:30pm.
- The Shining Stars will practice Saturday at 12noon. Please be present and on time. The Advisors
- The Missionary #2 Annual Mother/Daughter Breakfast will be held in the Family Life Center on Saturday, May 9th. Breakfast will be served from 8–9 am. We will have worship Service from 9-11 am with Minister Timena Sarratt as our special guest preacher.
- Next Sunday is Mother’s day and Mothers are in charge of morning worship service. All mother’s are asked to wear white and all members are asked to give a special offering next Sunday of $10 in honor of your mother.
- May 17th at 3:00 P.M ~ Senior Gospel Choir Anniversary.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association’s mission is to save and improve lives of people fighting muscle disease. They fund research to find treatments and cures, support and empower families and rally communities by aligning with supporters who care. MDA research grants currently are supporting more than 250 projects worldwide. MDA invests donations wisely, with 77 cents of every dollar going directly to fund our mission. Designated a “Top-Rated Charity” by the American Institute of Philanthropy, MDA is the first nonprofit to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Medical Association “for significant and lasting contributions to the health and welfare of humanity.” Kym Mitchell/Blanton is currently working to raise money for this great cause and has set a goal of $2400 to be raised by May 7th! Even if everyone just gave a couple of dollars, it will make a huge difference in someone’s life. There is a box in the lobby for contributions. See Kym for questions. You also may donate online via this link: Muscular Dystrophy Association
- The Deep Sea Fishing trip has been rescheduled for Saturday, May 23rd. If you were going, but have a conflict with the new date see Deacon Lewis Blanton By Monday, May 4th at 12 noon.
- Registration for summer camp is now open. The first day of camp is June 8th. Please contact Sis. Vera Leach or Bro. Kym Mitchell/Blanton for info.A link to the registration form is below.
- Registration for GBO Basketball and Cheerleading camps is also open. Registration forms are in the lobby.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!