What an awesome service yesterday morning! In her sermon “Don’t Count Me Out” (Acts 20:7-12), Minister Loretta Holmes encouraged us to appreciate the falls in our lives. When we are down, know that we will get up with more than we had before our trials because we serve a mighty God! If we will trust and follow Him, He will make us in to something greater than before! So when you run into trouble and road blocks and others speak negatively in your life, don’t give up! Tell them “don’t count me out!” If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- Registration for GBO Basketball and Cheerleading camps must be turned in today. Please see Bro. Johnny Sarratt.
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis Lillie Jones Home this Tuesday, May 19th at 3:00pm.
- On Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 6:30 PM at the H. G. Simpson Auditorium in Granard Middle School there will be a Community Awareness Forum. The theme is “Working Together for Respect and Opportunities”. The featured guest speaker is Mr. Jack Logan of Greenville, SC and the founder of “Put Down the Guns Young People”. Other guest speakers include: Rev. Dr. J. W. Sanders, Sheriff Steve Mueller, Chief Rick Turner, Chief Jamie Hamm, representatives from the Solicitor’s Office and the SC Highway Patrol, and other community leaders.
- Sunday, May 24th is Graduates Day. All graduates are asked to please be here by 9:45 to line up before service. Any graduates who did not submit their names for graduate Sunday are asked to see Sis. Shari Byers directly after morning worship this morning.
- The Shining Stars will practice this Saturday, June 23rd at 12 Noon. Please be present and on time.
- All are invited out to celebrate Pastor Brooks 31st Anniversary at the Young’s Grove Baptist Church on Sunday, May 24th. Vans will leave the church immediately following morning worship. Dinner will be served.
- Sunday, May 31st is Youth Day. Anyone who would like to participate on the program are asked to see Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith.
- Registration for summer camp is open. The first day of camp is June 8th. Please contact Sis. Vera Leach or Bro. Kym Mitchell/Blanton for info.
- On Sunday, June the 14th during morning worship we will celebrate Pastor Bridges’ 16th Pastoral Anniversary. Dr. Henry L. Armington, Sr., Pastor of the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, Shreveport, LA will bless us with God’s Word on this special occasion. Please join us as we honor the angel of our house for all that he is doing to further the kingdom of God!
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!