Oh Glory! How He has brought us from a mighty long way! This morning Pastor Bridges told us “It’s a Good Time to Praise the Lord.” (Luke 19:32-40) God has already laid the path and set the pace. Your victory is guaranteed if you follow it. Get off the sidelines. All that is left for you to do is jump on in! Praise God! We will praise the Lord!! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- Registration for summer camp is open. The first day of camp is June 8th. Please contact Sis. Vera Leach or Bro. Kym Mitchell/Blanton for info. Details and registration form here…
- The All Male Chorus Anniversary will be this afternoon at 3:00pm.
- The Know2 Summer Reading program will begin Wednesday, June 10th from 4:30pm – 6:30pm for preschoolers and children needing Reading assistance. If your child or loved one would like to sign up, please contact Sis. Dorothy Petty or Minister Loretta Holmes.
- There will be a job fair on Thursday, June 11th from 9am – 12n at the Cherokee County Campus of Spartanburg Community College. Please dress appropriately and professionally and bring resumes to give to potential employers.
- SC Works is hiring to fill Warehouse Associates at Amazon and there is a recruitment event scheduled on Friday, June 12 from 9am – 1pm. All Shifts are available and pay starts at $10.75 an hour. Register at SCWorks.org to obtain a referral to attend this event.
- The YWAs will be taking a trip to the Dallas Flea Market on Saturday, May 13th. We will leave the church at 8am. Please see Sis. Felicia Galmer if you are interested in going.
- The Upstate Book Club will be hosting their 4th Annual Father/Daughter Banquet on Saturday June 13, 2015 @ Granard Middle School. The Banquet is an opportunity for young women and girls of all ages to honor their fathers or male role models that have played an important part in their lives such as grandfathers, uncles or even older brothers. The evening will include a photo reception, red carpet entrance, dinner and a memorable dance. Please join us in an evening honoring fathers. For registration information about this upcoming Event please contact Malisa Robbs or Carol McFadden.
- Predestined presents “Let’s Glow Together” Youth Explosion featuring: Door Prizes, singing, dance, rapping and games. Saturday, June 13th, New Hope Christian Church in Spartanburg, Doors open at 6pm – Show starts at 7pm.
- There will be a ReGenisis Back to School Health Fair June 13th from 9am- 1pm at 811 Hamrick Street in Gaffney. Children must get at least two screenings to receive the free school supplies.
- On Sunday, June the 14th during morning worship we will celebrate Pastor Bridges’ 16th Pastoral Anniversary. Dr. Henry L. Armington, Sr., Pastor of the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, Shreveport, LA will bless us with God’s Word on this special occasion. Please join us as we honor the angel of our house for all that he is doing to further the kingdom of God! We will not do announcements that day, so please turn in any birthdays or other announcements for that week to be announced on Sunday, June 7th.
- The Community Baptist Church of Spartanburg cordially invites you to come to their 100 women in white program on Sunday, June 14th at 4:00pm. The guest speaker for the event will be our very own Minister Verlinda Mintz.
- Mr. B.B. will be celebrating one year on the radio with a gospel extravaganza on Sunday, June 14th. Featured artists include Paul Porter, Doc McKenzie & the Hi-Lites, Tim Rogers & the Fellas, One Purpose of Spartanburg, Steve Allen and the Fellas and 2Gether of Spartanburg. $25 Advance Purchase, $30 General Admission, and $45 VIP Admission. Doors open at 3pm/Show starts at 4pm. Contact BB Rodgers, Mike Logan, Ike Bridges, Malcom Long or Charles Leach for tickets.
- Bethel Baptist Church welcomes your presence with us during our Annual revival Services. Starting Sunday, June 14th, during morning worship and going Monday – Wednesday, June 15-17, at 7pm Nightly. The evangelist is Dr. Ronnie Williams, Pastor of Generostee Baptist Church of Starr, SC.
- June 21st is Father’s Day. The Fathers will be in charge of the morning worship service and will provide dinner immediately after service. The Fantatstic Volinaires of Detroit Michigan will be our special guests. All men have been asked to contribute $20 to having another cookout to celebrate the Father’s of the church. Please see Bros. Boyce Harris, Herbert Vanlue, Nate Sarratt, Graham Norris or Choice Leach to donate or volunteer.
- We Girlz Rock NPO presents The Naked Truth of HIV Event featuring Marvelyn Brown of New York City, June 27th at 12 Noon at the Limestone College Fullerton Auditorium. Informative for the young and old, please come out and hear this dynamic young woman tell her story of how she contracted HIV, how she has dealt with her diagnosis, and her advice for young people today. There will also be a meet and greet with Marvelyn on June 26th from 2-5 at the We Girlz Rock Offices in Gaffney. These events are Free and Open to the Public.
- Elder Calvin Lee Ministry presents an Evening of God’s Presence with featured Speaker Pastor Marvin Sapp. The event is Thursday, June 25th at 7:00pm at the TD Convention Center in Greenville. Go to www.ElderCalvinLee.org to register online for more information.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!