Today we take time to honor and bless our beloved pastor and his beautiful family. As many attested to today, we have truly been blessed to have a pastor who is God fearing, anointed, awesome, strong, caring, loving, trustworthy, faithful, smart, knowledgable… we can go on and on! We love you Dr. Bridges and look forward to the best that is yet to come! We thank God today also for Dr. Henry and First Lady Armington, Sr. who traveled from Shreveport, Louisiana, to celebrate with us this morning. Dr. Armington delivered a powerful message that there is “A Dilemma In the Pulpit” (1 Corinthians 4:9) Dr. Armington reminded us how blessed we are to have a Godly pastor who is not afraid to preach the true Word of God no matter who’s feelings get hurt. There is no “butterfly sermons” being preached in our pulpit. He encouraged has to continue to be thankful that we have a pastor who is more concerned with our souls than the temporary fortunes of this world. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
We did not do announcements today, but here are a few reminders of upcoming events:
- *NEW* – Any Junior Missionaries who are scheduled to go to the Youth Convention this week is asked to meet up at the church at 11am Monday morning, June 14th, to leave. Contact Sis. Tecora Watts or Bro. Everett Hopper for questions.
- Registration for summer camp is open. The first day of camp is June 8th. Please contact Sis. Vera Leach or Bro. Kym Mitchell/Blanton for info. Details and registration form here…
- The Know2 Summer Reading program is Wednesdays from 4:30pm – 6:30pm for preschoolers and children needing Reading assistance. If your child or loved one would like to sign up, please contact Sis. Dorothy Petty or Minister Loretta Holmes.
- Bethel Baptist Church welcomes your presence with us during our Annual revival Services. Starting Sunday, June 14th, during morning worship and going Monday – Wednesday, June 15-17, at 7pm Nightly. The evangelist is Dr. Ronnie Williams, Pastor of Generostee Baptist Church of Starr, SC.
- *NEW* – Limestone Missionary Baptist Church invites everyone out this week to their Youth Revival, June 15-17 starting at 7pm nightly. Guest speakers are: Monday – Rev Louis Duckett, Galilee Baptist Church of Blacksburg; Tuesday – Evangelist Samuel Kelly (New Birth Church Non-Denomination of Great Falls; and Wednesday – Rev. Phillip Buckson, Cleveland Chapel of Spartanburg.
- June 21st is Father’s Day. The Fathers will be in charge of the morning worship service and will provide dinner immediately after service. The Fantatstic Volinaires of Detroit Michigan will be our special guests. All men have been asked to contribute $20 to having another cookout to celebrate the Father’s of the church. Please see Bros. Boyce Harris, Herbert Vanlue, Nate Sarratt, Graham Norris or Choice Leach to donate or volunteer.
- We Girlz Rock NPO presents The Naked Truth of HIV Event featuring Marvelyn Brown of New York City, June 27th at 12 Noon at the Limestone College Fullerton Auditorium. Informative for the young and old, please come out and hear this dynamic young woman tell her story of how she contracted HIV, how she has dealt with her diagnosis, and her advice for young people today. There will also be a meet and greet with Marvelyn on June 26th from 2-5 at the We Girlz Rock Offices in Gaffney. These events are Free and Open to the Public.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!