Happy Father’s Day to all of the godly men of Concord Baptist Church! We praise God for you each and every day and it is our prayer that He will continue to guide you as fathers, husbands, sons, brothers and friends. May God mold you into that men that He wants you to be. Our men did an awesome job leading services today and we were blessed with song by the best All Male Choir in the world and gospel recording artists, the Fantastic Violinaires of Detriot, MI! Dr. Bridges talked about “The Father of Many Nations” (Romans 4:16-18) this morning. The most important job in the nation is not the President of the United States, it is being a father to your children. No matter what kind of hangups we have that are preventing us from being the father or mother that we should be, God has the answer! If we will commit to Him he will help us to be the best parents and people we can be! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for today if you missed them:
- Registration for summer camp is open. The first day of camp is June 8th. Please contact Sis. Vera Leach or Bro. Kym Mitchell/Blanton for info. Details and registration form here…
- The Know2 Summer Reading program is Wednesdays from 4:30pm – 6:30pm for preschoolers and children needing Reading assistance. If your child or loved one would like to sign up, please contact Sis. Dorothy Petty or Minister Loretta Holmes.
- In the wake of the Charleston tragedy, on Monday, June 22nd at 6:30pm all are invited to come out for a prayer vigil at the Limestone Missionary Baptist Church. Rev. C. Dennis Rector of the Piney Grove Baptist Church of Cowpens will deliver the message for this much needed event. All denominations and races are encouraged to join in a demonstration of Christian solidarity.
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis Lillie Jones Home this Tuesday, June 23rd at 3:00pm
- Limestone Baptist Church invites you to their 1st Annual Women’s Conference on Friday, June 26th at 7pm. The guest speaker will be Minister Audrey Hailstock of New Day Baptist Church, Spartanburg.
- Allen Temple CME Church invites you to attend their annual revival Sun, June 28th – Wed, July 1st. Monday – Wednesday services will start at 7:30pm. Pastors Tony Williams, Darryl Smith, Arrie Melvin & Milton Edwards will be the Guest Speakers in that order.
- We Girlz Rock NPO presents The Naked Truth of HIV Event featuring Marvelyn Brown of New York City, June 27th at 12 Noon at the Limestone College Fullerton Auditorium. Informative for the young and old, please come out and hear this dynamic young woman tell her story of how she contracted HIV, how she has dealt with her diagnosis, and her advice for young people today. There will also be a meet and greet with Marvelyn on June 26th from 2-5 at the We Girlz Rock Offices in Gaffney. These events are Free and Open to the Public.
- Concord is holding it’s annual Vacation Bible School July 13-16 from 6pm-8pm nightly.
Everyone is encouraged to come out and bring a friend!
Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!