The Things God Has Given Me
This morning Pastor Bridges reminded us of all of our blessings in the sermon, “The Things God Has Given Me” (2 Timothy 1:7). Don’t be afraid, God is the spirit of love not of fear. He has given us a another day to get it right, another chance, sound mind and most of all love. So be bold in Christ! Love one another and stand for what is right and acceptable in His sight and on judgement day you will be alright. Don’t wait too late! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for today if you missed them:
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Thursday at 5:30pm.
- There is a trip planned to go to Benedict College Open House & Football Game November 7th. There is a sign up list in the lobby. Please sign up by Wednesday, Oct 28th. Please see Johnny Sarratt for more information.
- The NAACP Annual Freedom Fund Banquet is this Saturday, November 7th at 5:00pm. Our own Deacon B. Lewis Blanton will be honored at this event. Tickets are $25. Please see any NAACP member for your ticket to come out and support Deacon Blanton the this great organization.
- Our very own Minister Verlinda Mintz will be the guest speaker at Community Bible Church of Spartanburg on Sunday, November 8th at 11:15am for their Women’s Day program.
- Our own Reverend Angelia Early will be the guest speaker at Mikes Creek Missionary Baptist Church for their Women’s Conference scheduled for Saturday, November 14th at 10am.
- There will be a Free Senior Citizens Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner on November 14th from 12noon – 2pm at the Beltline Apartments Cafeteria. For Seniors 62 and over. To Go plates will not be available until 2:15pm. This is sponsored by the Giving Back Organization, please see Bro. Johnny Sarratt for more info.
- Travelers Rest Missionary Baptist Church invites everyone out to their Pastor’s Aide Program, Sunday, November 15th, 3:00 PMRev. Phillip Buckson will be the Guest Speaker. You are also invited to attend their Annual Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner and talent show on Sunday, Nov. 22nd at 3:30pm.
- Concord’s annual Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner will be Wednesday, November 18th. We will have a very special guest, Minister Vince Tharpe of Blacksburg. Dinner is free, but we will collect a special offering to help Minister Tharpe with his missionary work in Africa.
- We will celebrate our 143rd Church Anniversary on Sunday, November 22nd during morning worship.
- November 29th is Youth Sunday. Please see Sis. Annette Smith or Sis. Stephanie Tate if you would like to participate on the program.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!