God Wants to Use You!
Each and every one of us is important, but often we don’t seem to realize the power, authority and responsibility we possess. In “God Is Using You” (John 9:1-3), Pastor Bridges powerfully reminded us that God wants to use each and every one of us. When you do things right, the devil will mess with you because He wants to use you too. If you don’t fight back, he will beat you. Better yet, stay in front of him and you’ll never be behind him! Stay in God’s Word, pray without ceasing and ask God to show you who you can trust. Keep on doing good, work faithfully where you are and God will elevate you! We are moving on up! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for today if you missed them:
- No Bible Study this week. All are encouraged to attend revivals.
- GBO Spring/Summer Basketball & Cheerleading sign up is underway. Registration is Free. Sign up forms are in the Lobby. Give forms to Johnny Sarratt, Elvis Johnson or Torshia Tate.
- Concord’s Youth Revival will be this week, April 4th & 5th. On Monday, Minister Nancy Sanders of New Hope Baptist Church, Simpsonville, SC along with their youth choir and congregation will be our special guests. On Tuesday, Rev. Michael Golden of Limestone Missionary Baptist Church, Gaffney, SC along with their youth choir and congregation will be our special guests. All youth are encouraged to attend and to wear blue bottoms and white tops and please sit up front together. Adults, Please come out and support our youth.
- Pastor James Ponder and the Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church invites you to attend a 5 night mountain top experience filled with fervent word, songs and fellowship. April 4-8, 2016 at 7pm nightly at the TMBA building in Gaffney. Speakers include: Monday, Rev. Tony Macomson; Tuesday, Dr. C. Dennis Rector; Wednesday, our own Dr. Michael A Bridges with the male choir rendering songs of praise; Thursday, Rev. Michael Golden; and concluding on Friday, Rev. C.A. Wallace. Come join us in lifting up the name of Jesus.
- If you registered your child for the TMBA/Limestone Football Youth Field Day. Please arrive Saturday, April 9th – at 9:30 so we can all sit together. The event will be from 10am-1pm. We have been asked to keep attendance to registered attendees only please. Please see Jackie Bridges or Kathy Littlejohn if you are unsure if your child registered.
- Lambda Rho Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. is having a document shredding event as an Environment Ownership within the community. Please feel free to join us in our Acts of Green. COMMUNITY SHRED DAY >>>BRING ALL OF YOUR PAPERS TO SHRED<<< SATURDAY, APRIL 9, 2016 at 11 AM – 1 PM, Cherokee County Public Library, 300 E. Rutledge Ave, Gaffney. Voter Registration also available at this event. Register to Vote! It’s your right!
- The Shining Stars will NOT practice this Saturday due to the field day at Limestone College. We will go to Mt. Sinai Sunday, April 10th. Please be there at 3:30pm.
- There will be a program thrown by friends and family for Marquis Manning as we near the anniversary of his accident. Saturday, April 9th, 3:00 pm at Colonial Heights. Parking is available at the Salvation Army for this event. There will be great Speakers, Choirs, Quartet Singing & Praise Dancers. The TMBA Junior Missionary choir is on the program. All youth who would like to come out and support Marquis in the choir are asked to arrive by 2:45pm.
- Any women desiring to be on the Mother’s Day Program meet in room 201 next Sunday, April 10th after morning worship. Sis. Tecora Watts, General Missionary President
- Holy Trinity RCOG is having their annual Usher Program, April 10th at 3pm. Rev. Dr. C. Dennis Rector will bring the Word.
- Antioch Kingdom Building Ministries invites all to come out for their 30th Church anniversary on Sunday, April 10th at 3pm. There is a fantastic line up of speakers.
- On Sunday, April 10th, the church family is invited to Triumph Christian Center in Newport News, VA to help celebrate their church anniversary. The vans will leave the church Saturday, April 9th at 10am. Please be on time. please contact Bro. Nate Sarratt as soon as possible if you would like to go.
- Thursday, April 14th – The church family is invited to Jerusalem Christian Center to help celebrate Bishop McCluney’s 25th Pastoral Anniversary. Pastor Bridges will deliver the message and the Sr. Gospel Choir will render songs of praise.
- Saturday, April 16 from 1:00 – 5:00 pm we will have a Youth Game Day in the Family Life Center. All youth are encouraged to come out for fun, fellowship, food and games. We will have a special guest to speak, Kelcy Quarles, Defensive Tackle for the Indianapolis Colts. To help us plan, we are asking you sign your children up on the list in the lobby.
- April 25 – 28 – 6p-8:30p nightly – The TMBA Sunday School Congress will be held at Bethel Baptist Church.
- Anyone desiring to apply for an officer position in the TMBA are encouraged to see Dr. Bridges for an application. The deadline for applying is April 30th.
- The YWAs are sponsoring a Free Senior Luncheon in the Family Life Center, Saturday, April 30th from 1:00pm -3:00pm. All senior adults are invited to attend for free Food, Fellowship, & Bingo. To help us plan appropriately we are asking for you to please sign up in the lobby.
- The Junior Missionary is sponsoring a trip to Daytona Beach / Holy Land Experience in Orlando, August 4th – 6th. Please see Sis. Kathy Littlejohn or Sis. Jackie Bridges after church services in the lobby for questions or to pay for your trip.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!