Happy New Year!!!
Praise God for letting us see another new year! As we enter this new year, Pastor Bridges reminded us that amongst all of the things that we want, God knows what we really need, and most of all “[We] Need the Holy Spirit” (Psalm 51:1-11). Let go of all of the memories, things and people that threaten to hold you back. Start anew, recommit to work for the Lord, and look forward to a blessed year to come! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for this week:
- Mens basketball has started again. The first game is Monday, Jan 2nd at 8:30 pm at Cherokee Creek Baptist Church.
- Sunday, January 8th will be Hospitality Day.
- The GBO is sponsoring a trip to The Honda Battle of the Bands which will be Jan 28th at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. The total cost for your trip and ticket is $20 per youth and $30 per adult. There is a sign up sheet in the lobby. Seats are limited. Deadline to sign up and pay is next Sunday, January 8th. See Sis. Debra Johnson or Bro Johnny Sarratt Sr for information
- The Junior Missionary will meet this month on Saturday, Jan 21st at 11am. New members welcome.
- The Shining Stars will practice Saturday, January 14th at 12 Noon. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- All are invited out to Mt Calvary Baptist Church, January 18th at 7pm for their Worship Encounter Services. The Mass Choir will render songs of praise and Dr Bridges will bring the Word on that evening.
- The 5th Sunday in January is Youth Sunday. All youth are asked to please contact Sis. Annette Smith or Min. Stephanie Tate if you would like to participate on the program.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!