Don’t be discouraged. Don’t you be dismayed. Hold on to His promises. Wait on the Lord. Be of good courage. He will always come through! Minister Verlinda Mintz reminded us to wait on God in “Wait, I say”! (Psalm 27:13-14) Go to God with respect, obedience, and faith in your asking and while you wait for Him to do His part, make sure you keep working and doing your part for Him. It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- A gentle reminder to all who signed up for the fishing trip. Full payment is due today. Please see Deacon Blanton.
- This afternoon, Concord Baptist Church is invited to Shady Grove Baptist Church to help celebrate Rev. Lee Byers Pastoral Anniversary. Pastor Bridges will deliver the spoken word and the All male choir will render songs of praise. Dinner will be served at 1pm and service starts at 2pm.
- All are encouraged to come back for the TMBA Youth Explosion is this afternoon at 5pm.
- The TMBA Countywide Revival is March 9 – 12that 7:00 PM Nightly. Dr. Q.E. Hammonds, pastor of the Antioch Baptist Church, Birmingham, AL is the evangelist for the week.
- All traffic team members are asked to meet at the church at 5:45pm Mon – Thursday for the county wide revival.
- The Junior Missionary will meet briefly after morning worship next Sunday, March 15th. Sis. Tecora Watts.
- The Deaconess Ministry of Mikes Creek Missionary Baptist Church invites everyone out to their program “Christian Women Walking by Faith, Not By Sight” on Sunday, March 15th at 3:00pm. Our own Minister Loretta Holmes will deliver the spoken word.
- The KNOW2 Banquet is March 19th at 6:30pm. The Keynote Speaker is Dr. Quincie Moore and the first annual “Legacy Award” will be presented to Oscar Fuller. Reservations are required by March 13th call 864-425-9000.
- Holy Trinity Righteous Church of God is celebrating their 78th Anniversary. All are invited out to a singing program on Saturday, March 14th at 5pm featuring the Southland Troubadores, The Joylites Gospel Singers, The Spirit Filled Songbirds, The Harris Brothers, The Bridges Family and The Mitchem Family. On Sunday morning, Minister Cathy Neal of the Bethel Baptist Church will bring the word followed at 3pm by an anointed message from Bishop Perry Davidson. On Monday, March 16th through Wednesday, the 18th, there is a revival where Rev. Dr. C. Dennis Rector will be the revivalist.
- The YWAs are organizing a meet up opportunity for fun and Christian fellowship on Saturday, March 21st starting at 3pm. We will be meeting at Outback Steakhouse in Gaffney for a dutch meal followed by bowling at the Big E. Everyone is responsible for paying for their own meal and bowling. Bowling is $10 per person and includes 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental. We are asking anyone planning to attend to sign up in the lobby by Sunday, March 15th so we can make sure we have appropriate dinner and bowling reservations. See President, Felicia Galmer, Debra Johnson, Kathy Littlejohn or Jackie Bridges for questions.
- The 5th Sunday in March is Youth Sunday. Reverend Reginald Littlejohn will bring the message for morning worship. Please contact Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith if you would like to participate on the program.
- On April 11, 2015, the Giving Back Organization is sponsoring a trip to Atlanta, GA to the Martin Luther King, Jr Museum and the Georgia Aquarium. Adults $30, High School Students $25, and Middle Schoolers and under are $20. (Elementary school age students must have a chaperone.) Deadline for money is March 29th. Please sign up on the list in the lobby. See Johnny Sarratt Sr. for more information.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!