If God is dead…What makes the flowers bloom? If God is dead, What makes summer come in June?
If God Is dead, Who is listening and who answers prayers? I’m so glad I know God Lives, He Lives, He Lives!!!! This morning Pastor Bridges asked us the question, “Do You Believe Jesus is Alive?” (Mark 15:25-37 & 16:9-14) He suffered and died on the cross so that we might have a chance at eternal life with Him. What are you living for? Are you living for Him? If you haven’t already, please accept Jesus Christ’s gift of salvation today before it’s too late! It’s free to all because He already paid the ultimate price! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements from this morning if you missed them:
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis. Bernice McGill’s home on Tuesday at 3pm.
- The Men’s Basketball team will play this Tuesday at 6:30pm at Your Best Body.
- The All Male Choir will rehearse this Thursday at 7pm.
- Sign up sheets for the GBO sponsored basketball teams are in the lobby. Please turn in the registration form to Bros. J.J. Sarratt or Courtney Dawkins by the 4th Sunday in April. Thank you!
- The TMBA Sunday School Congress invite our high school seniors to turn in their application for the Graduates Banquet by April 25th.
- The TMBA Junior Missionary Auxiliary is holding it’s Annual Christian Junior Missionary Retreat on April 26th at the Thickety Mountain Baptist Association Building. Registration opens at 8:30am and the event runs from 10am – 1:30pm. There will be classes for ages Pre-K up to 12th grade, Advisors sessions, Refreshments, Games, Door Prizes, Fellowship, Fun, Christian Environment , Singing and Praise Dance. The Theme is “Youth Following God’s Leadership: Deny… Take Up… Follow Me… (Psalm 25:4-5)”
- The TMBA YWAs will present it’s Bi-Annual Program and Prince and Princess Pageant at 4:00 PM on Saturday, April 26th at the Mount Sinai Missionary Baptist Church. Rev. C.A. Wallace will bring the Spoken Word for the occasion.
- Sunday, April 27th is YWA Day. Minister Verlinda Mintz will be bringing the Spoken Word during morning worship.
- April 28th through May 2nd at 6pm nightly – the TMBA Sunday School Congress Training session will be held at Bethel Baptist Church. There will be a graduation ceremony for those attending five classes.
- The Concord Church family has been invited to Harrison Grove Baptist Church’s Homecoming Service on Sunday, May 4th at 2:00pm. Rev Bridges will be bringing the Spoken Word for this occasion.
- The TMBA YWAs also invite everyone to join us on Friday, May 9th from 7:00pm – 1:00am for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life Walk on the Timken track.
- The Concord Church Family has been invited to the Galilee Baptist Church of Blacksburg for their Women’s Conference entitled “Vessels for the Master’s Use” on May 9th – May 11th. Friday at 7pm and on Saturday’s Mother-Daughter Luncheon at 11am, Reverend Jackie Fair, Pastor of the Little River Baptist Church of Ware Shoals, SC will bring the Spoken Word. On Sunday, our very own Minister Verlinda Mintz will bring the Word of God.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!