What a glorious and wonderful God we serve! Min. Loretta Holmes delivered the powerful message that no matter what the situation is that we find ourselves in or the reason for our being in it, we can rest in the assurance that “It’s In His Plan!” (Jeremiah 29:4-11) God’s plan is to give each and every one of us an expected end. While the process of getting there may be difficult, if we will just hang on it will all be worth it in the end! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for today if you missed them:
- The traffic team is in need of golf cart drivers during the revival. any one interest see Herbert Vanlue or Dec. Lewis Blanton.
- The Hospitality Committee will meet after service next Sunday after morning service. Sis. Betty Copeland, president.
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Thursday the 21st at 5:30pm. Sis. Millie Vanlue, Pres.
- Missionary #2 will meet this Thursday at Concord Acres at 6:30pm. Sis. Mary Jolly, President
- The YWAs will meet this Saturday, July 30th at 11am. Sis. Felicia Galmer, President
- The Shining Stars will practice Saturday, July 30th at 11:30 am to prepare for 5th Sunday. The Advisors.
- Minister Jackie thompson invites everyone out to the Cover Girls Women’s Conference at Holy Temple Baptist Church of Cowpens. This Saturday, July 30th at 11am. There are some dynamic speakers lined up, including our very own, Minister Verlinda Mintz. Everyone is invited, Men Women, Boys and Girls – and Ladies are encouraged to wear your pearls.
- Regenesis will be having their annual Back-to-School Health Fair in Gaffney at the Broad River Electric Cooperative on Saturday, July 30th at 9 am – 1 pm. Children must get at least 2 health screenings to receive the free back pack with school supplies. Children must be accompanied by an adult or guardian. Please bring out children for this event!
- The 5th Sunday in July is Youth Sunday. All college students are asked to please contact Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith if you would like to participate on the program.
- The Junior missionary is sponsoring a back-to-school clothing drive. All church members are asked to bring gently used clothing, shoes, and coats to go to our local area youth by July 31st. New socks and underwear also appreciated. All sizes age 5 – 18. Collection boxes will be in the lobby. Monetary and donations accepted as well. Please see any of the advisors to contribute. Sis. Tecora Watts, Senior Advisor.
- The church family is invited to Mt Calvary Baptist Church, Spartanburg, SC in the WhiteStone Community to help celebrate their church Anniversary at 3pm on July 31st. The Senior Gospel Choir will render songs of praise and Pastor Bridges will preach the Word.
- Detailed information letters about the Daytona Beach / Holy Land Experience trip are ready. If you have not received yours, please see Sis. Jackie Bridges or Kathy Littlejohn after church service today in the lobby. T-Shirts for the trip will be distributed next Sunday after morning worship.
- Spartanburg Housing Authority is Accepting Applications for Waitlist for Elderly, Near Elderly, & the Disabled housing. Thurs, Aug. 4th 10a-2p at the Spartanburg Main Library – Hoechst-Celanse Room and Fri, August 5th 9a-3p at the Spartanburg Housing Authority.
Online Applications can be submitted Aug 1-12th & more info found @ www.shasc.org.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!