Jesus Reigns! We are singing, praising and having a good time over here too. Don’t wait too late to let Him come on in your heart! The Shining Stars and the All Male Chorus sang us happy today. For YWA Day, we were blessed with a powerful word from Minister Talisa Allen, Associate Minister of Greater Hope Ministries. Min. Allen encouraged us all to become ambassadors for Christ in all aspects of our lives in her sermon “Out with the Old and In with the New” (2 Corinthians 5:17-21) When you accept Jesus in your life, we will change the course of our life if we let Him. But we are all called to share His miraculous grace with others as we come in to contact with them. People are dying every day not saved. If we truly love Jesus, we will be obedient to His call to share the Gospel. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for today if you missed them:
- We will acknowledge our graduates on the 4th Sunday, May 22nd. All 5K, High School and College Graduates are asked to please print your name on the sheet on the table in the foyer. High School and college graduates are asked to please fill out the form and return it to Shari Byers. Please submit all names by Sunday, May 1st.
- GBO Spring/Summer Basketball & Cheerleading sign up is underway. Registration is Free and ends April 30th. Sign up forms are in the Lobby. Give forms to Johnny Sarratt, Elvis Johnson or Torshia Tate.
- There will be a Pardon / Expungement Workshop on Monday, April 25th at 6pm – 7:30pmat the C C Woodson Community Center.
- April 25 – 28 – 6p-8:30p nightly – The TMBA Sunday School Congress will be held at Bethel Baptist Church.
- Miss Duncan Teen, Keora Rogers, is raising funds to benefit for Children’s Miracle Network at the Chick-Fil-A in Gaffney on Tuesday, April 26th from 6p-8p. Please mention her name when you place your order and a portion of the sale will go to Keora’s cause.
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Thursday at 5:30pm. Sis. Millie Vanlue, Pres.
- Anyone desiring to apply for an officer position in the TMBA are encouraged to see Dr. Bridges for an application. The deadline for applying is April 30th.
- Antioch Kingdom Building Ministries is holding their annual Kingdom Leaders Training Conference on Friday, April 29th from 7p-9pm and Saturday, April 30th from 9am – 12 noon. Bishop Allen Bruton from New Hope Baptist Church of Greer will be the Instructor both days.
- The YWAs are sponsoring a Free Senior Luncheon in the Family Life Center, Saturday, April 30th from 1:00pm -3:00pm. All senior adults are invited to attend for free Food, Fellowship, & Bingo. To help us plan appropriately we are asking for you to please sign up in the lobby.
- GMS Annual Title I Spring Meeting – Sponsored by the GBO, One Team One Dream, KNOW(2), & Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department. April 30, 2016 from 12:30 – 4:30 pm at the Gaffney Middle School Gymnasium.
FREE Food (Hot dogs, Fish, etc)
Informational Sessions for parents and students
Basketball Games, Bingo … and more!
There will also be Voter Registration!
For questions call (864) 425-0628
This will be the last day to sign up for the FREE GBO Youth Spring/Summer Basketball & Cheerleading.
- Missionary #2 Mother/Daughter Breakfast will be Saturday, May 7th from 9-11am in the family life center. Service will start promptly at 9am and breakfast will be served afterward.
- The Shining Stars will practice the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays in May (May 14th and 21st) at 12 Noon. Please be present and on time. The advisors.
- Relay for Life will be May 14th – Anyone desiring a t-shirt are asked to see Sis. Felicia Galmer.
- The 5th Sunday in May 29th is Youth Sunday. Rev. Troy Gaffney will bring the morning message. Please contact Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith if you would like to participate on the program.
- Registration is open for the Youth Summer Camp set to begin on Monday, June 6th and goes through Fri, July 29th. Forms are in the lobby on the table. Contact Deaconess Vera Leach, Sis. Kesha Logan or Bro. Kym Mitchell for information. Anyone desiring to donate or sponsor a child for the summer are asked to please see Sis. Lakesha Logan.
- The Junior Missionary is sponsoring a trip to Daytona Beach / Holy Land Experience in Orlando, August 4th – 6th. Please see Sis. Kathy Littlejohn or Sis. Jackie Bridges after church services in the lobby for questions or to pay for your trip.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!