Fall approaches and with all of the festivals abounding around us, we are reminded to celebrate and be grateful in all things. This morning Dr. Bridges’ message was “I’ve God So Many Reasons to Thank God” (Psalms 40:1-5). Are you placing your trust in the blessings or in the One who blesses? If we purposefully hold back on our tithes and our service to Him, we are being ungrateful and disobedient like spoiled children. Worship the Creator… not that which has been created! Things and people come and go… if we truly want to walk into the full abundance that He has for us, we must do our best to submit to all of God’s instructions and His glorious plans for us. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for this week:
- Bible Study will resume this week on Wednesday at 11:30am and 7pm. There is youth Bible Study on Wednesday evenings. All are encouraged to attend and learn more about God and the Bible.
- The Nursery is celebrating their 2nd year anniversary. It is available every Sunday morning during morning worship for children from 0-4. See Sis. Mary Ellis or Sis. Angela McGill for questions.
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Thursday at 5:30pm. Sis. Millie Vanlue, President.
- The Junior Missionary will meet this Saturday at 11am in the Family Life Center.
- The Shining Stars will practice the 2nd and 4th Saturdays in October at 12 Noon.
- All are invited out to the Southland Troubadours 67th Anniversary Celebration, Saturday, Oct 8th at the TMBA Building. Doors open at 5pm and Program Starts at 6pm. Special Guests include Highly Favored of Charlotte, NC and local favorites – The Joylites, The Gospel Tones, Voices of Harmony, Changed, Gospel True Notes and Pastor Bobby Cohen and the Men of God. Admission for Adults is $10 at the door, Children 6-12 are $3, children under 6 are free.
- All are invited to the 7th Pastoral anniversary for Reverend Anitonette Gardner On Sunday, October 9 at Hopewell Presbyterian Church of Blacksburg. At 9am, Elder Anita Corry will deliver the morning message, and at 2pm, Rev. John Houze of Peoples Baptist Church of Kings Mountain will deliver the afternoon message.
- All are encouraged to wear pink on Sunday, October 16th in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Trustee Day will be Sunday, October 25th.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week.
- Fall Festival is Wednesday, October 26th from 6pm – 8pm. There will be food, games, fun and fellowship! Anyone desiring to volunteer to work are asked to see Sis. Felicia Galmer, YWA president.
- The 5th Sunday in October is Youth Sunday. All youth are asked to please contact Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith if you would like to participate on the program.
- You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!