Praise God for His presence this morning and His blessings upon us! God is using Concord as a light in our community and in other parts of the world! To God be all the glory!! Pastor Bridges encouraged us today to focus on “Spiritual Development” (Mark 8:22-26). We go through all kinds of physical and mental development, but it is your spiritual relationship with God that will equip you to be able to resist sin and protect you from Satan’s attacks on you! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- Bro. Terrance Gist will be delivering his initial sermon this afternoon at 3:00pm. Please keep him in prayer and come out and support this dynamic young man of God!
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis. Lillie Jones home on Tuesday, April 21st at 3:00pm.
- Open Heart Baptist Church of Greenville, SC invites all out to their 1st Annual Women’s Conference April 24th-26th. On the 24th, Pastor Richard Donald will speak in the Opening Session beginning at 6:45pm. Saturday the 25th, workshops start at 9:15 am with the message from First Lady Terria Donald during lunch. Lastly, on Sunday the 26th, our very own Minister Loretta Holmes will deliver the Spoken Word during 11am Service.
- The YWAs will meet at the TMBA building next Saturday, April 25th at 9am for the Adopt-a-highway project.
- The Shining Stars next practice will be Sat, April 25th at 12 Noon. The Advisors.
- The Junior Missionary will meet following the Shining Stars rehearsal on Saturday, April 25th.
- This Saturday, the Know2 is having their 2nd Annual Health, Body and Mind Fair from 9a- 1pm at gaffney High School. Health screenings will be provided between 9am – 11am.
- Sunday, April 26th is YWA Day. The YWAs will be in charge of morning worship.
- April 26th – 30th from 6 – 8:30pm nightly, The TMBA Sunday School Congress will be held at Bethel Baptist Church.
- The Church family is invited to Harrison Grove Baptist Church for their homecoming on May 3rd. Dr Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word. Dinner will be served.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association’s mission is to save and improve lives of people fighting muscle disease. They fund research to find treatments and cures, support and empower families and rally communities by aligning with supporters who care. MDA research grants currently are supporting more than 250 projects worldwide. MDA invests donations wisely, with 77 cents of every dollar going directly to fund our mission. Designated a “Top-Rated Charity” by the American Institute of Philanthropy, MDA is the first nonprofit to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Medical Association “for significant and lasting contributions to the health and welfare of humanity.” Kym Mitchell is currently working to raise money for this great cause and has set a goal of $2400 to be raised by May 7th! Even if everyone just gave a couple of dollars, it will make a huge difference in someone’s life. There is a box in the lobby for contributions. See Kym for questions.
- Registration for summer camp is now open. The first day of came is June 8th. Please contact Sis. Vera Leach or Bro. Kym Blanton for info.
- Registration for GBO Basketball and Cheerleading camps is also open. Registration forms are in the lobby.
- Phillips Staffing is now hiring for positions for Machine Operators, Forklift operators, Production assembly and Landscape Helpers in Spartanburg, Inman, Landrum, Roebuck and Moore areas with wages for $8 – 11.50 an hour. Pillips Staffing is located at 357 E. Blackstock Road in Spartanburg. Applicants must apply in person.
- There will be a Job Fair on May 7th, 2015 at the Spartanburg Community College Downtown Campus on E. Kennedy Street. The event starts at 8am and ends at 1pm. Go to www.scworksupstate.com for more information.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!