There is so much going on in the world around us. Anger, hate, greed, selfishness, lust, fear, and anxiety threaten our peace of mind. Pastor Bridges preached about “The Right Time for Love” (Ecclesiastes 3:8). There is no better time than now to look within ourselves and examine our own intentions and state of mind. With Jesus Christ in us, we have the power to make a difference by keeping a pure heart and following His loving example. God loves you so much, that He gave His only son. Won’t you accept His free gift of salvation today? If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for this week:
- Annual Contribution Statements are still available. If you have a question or need a correction to your statement, Ms. Jackie Sims will be available in the church office downstairs immediately following worship service next Sunday, February 19th. Thank you.
- Our very own, Dr. Regina Norris Monroe, will be the guest speaker for the annual Black History Program at Gaffney High School, tomorrow, Feb 13th at 7pm. Admission to the event will be one or more canned goods that will be donated to the Indian Hill Baptist Church Soup Kitchen.
- The Shining Stars will practice each Saturday at 11am in February in preparation for their upcoming anniversary. The Advisors
- All former members of the Shining Stars are asked to please sign the list in the lobby. Also, if you have any past pictures of the Shining Stars please bring them to Sis. Shari Byers or Sis. Jackie Bridges. Your pictures will be returned to you. Thank you!
- The Junior Missionary meeting has been rescheduled to Saturday, Feb 18th at 10am. The Advisors
- This Saturday, February 18th, there will be a black history event here at Concord Baptist Church in the Family Life Center at 3pm in honor of the Honorable Dr. Rufus Foster, Jr. Everyone is encouraged to come out and support this event in honoring such an outstanding community leader.
- KNOW(2)’s annual volunteer recognition and fundraising event is one of the most exciting local social events of the year! A Night at the Oscars offers our community the opportunity to experience the glamour of a Hollywood event. Everyone is invited to attend on February 23, 2017 at 6:30pm at the Broad River Electric Cooperative. Individual tickets cost $35 and Banquet Sponsorships begin at $1000. Table sponsorship at $300. Please contact our own, Min. Mae Frances Sarratt, for more information. You may also register online at: http://www.know2cherokee.com/a-night-at-the-oscars.html
- On the 25th of February, 2017, SCC-Cherokee County Campus, will be hosting and conducting the SC College Goal 2017 (http://sccango.org/college- goal-event-info-and-sign-up/ ). The purpose is help anyone who plans to aLend college in the next year, regardless of where they intend to go, to complete their FAFSA. We will have Financial Aid Professionals from SCC and Limestone on-site that Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This is totally free. The target market for this event is anyone who is a first generation college attendee, a minority, and/or from a household living below the poverty level. Of course, they will serve anyone who comes in the door.
- February 26th we will have our church Black History Program during morning worship.
- Sunday, March 5th at 3pm will be the Shining Stars Anniversary Program.
- There is Free Heating & Cooling Assistance available through federally funded programs for eligible seniors/low income households. You must own your home to qualify. Information available in the church lobby for you to apply.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!