Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him! What a wonderful God we serve that we can not even fully imagine all of the wonderful plans that He has for us! As we truly seek God, His ways and to fulfill His purpose for our lives, Pastor Bridges warned us to “Watch Out For People With An Evil Eye” (1 Samuel 18:1-9). People may see your anointing and become jealous of your blessings or afraid that you will leave them behind. Stay alert, but stay focused and keep on going. Take comfort in God’s love for you and all of the blessings He has in store for you! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for this week:
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis Bernice McGill’s Home on Tuesday, January 17th at 3pm. Sis. Lillie Jones, President
- The Senior Gospel Choir will rehearse this Thursday, February 23rd at 5:30pm. Sis. Millie Vanlue, Pres.
- KNOW(2)’s annual volunteer recognition and fundraising event is one of the most exciting local social events of the year! A Night at the Oscars offers our community the opportunity to experience the glamour of a Hollywood event. Everyone is invited to attend on February 23, 2017 at 6:30pm at the Broad River Electric Cooperative. Individual tickets cost $35 and Banquet Sponsorships begin at $1000. Table sponsorship at $300. Please contact our own, Min. Mae Frances Sarratt, for more information. You may also register online at: http://www.know2cherokee.com/a-night-at-the-oscars.html
- On the 25th of February, 2017, SCC-Cherokee County Campus, will be hosting and conducting the SC College Goal 2017 (http://sccango.org/college- goal-event-info-and-sign-up/ ). The purpose is help anyone who plans to aLend college in the next year, regardless of where they intend to go, to complete their FAFSA. We will have Financial Aid Professionals from SCC and Limestone on-site that Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This is totally free. The target market for this event is anyone who is a first generation college attendee, a minority, and/or from a household living below the poverty level. Of course, they will serve anyone who comes in the door.
- The Shining Stars will not practice this Saturday, Feb 25th. The next practice will be March 4th at 11am. Anyone participating in the Reunion Choir are asked to be there at 12:15pm. The Advisors
- The TMBA Junior Missionary will meet this Saturday, Feb 25th at 10:30am at the TMBA Bldg. Immediately after the youth will have choir rehearsal for the upcoming Youth Explosion on March 12th. All of our youth are encouraged to participate. Contact an advisor for questions.
- The YWAs will meet this Saturday, Feb 25th at 11am. Sis. Felicia Galmer, President
- February 26th we will have our church Black History Program during morning worship. Rev. Paul Miller will be the Guest minister for the occasion.
- Sunday, March 5th at 3pm will be the Shining Stars Anniversary Program.
- The Thickety Mountain Baptist Association Countywide Revival is coming up in March. All services will be at Limestone Baptist Church, Gaffney.
- The Prayer Breakfast will be Saturday, March 11th @ 9am
- The Youth Explosion will be Sunday, March 12th @ 3pm
- Revival services will be Monday and Tuesday, March 13th & 14th @ 7pm Nightly
- The TMBA Junior Missionary in partnership with Limestone College Football team will be having another field day event. The date is Saturday, March 18th from 5:oopm – 6:45pm at Gaffney High School Stadium. Like last year, preregistration is required. Contact the Jr Missionary advisors for questions or to sign your child up this week.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!