Don’t downplay your blessings or let anyone stop you from doing what God has put you here to do. Even though Romans 12:15 tells us to “Rejoice with those who rejoice”, sometimes even our Christian brothers and sisters will hate on us. Pastor Bridges advised us this morning that “There’s Nobody Mad But the Devil” (Luke 6:6-11). Keep on working and praising God! To Him be all the glory! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- Everyone that is 70 years and up are asked to sign up on the list on the table in the lobby for a special tribute planned for Black History Month. The last day to register is February 15th.
- The men’s basketball team will play Cherokee Creek Monday at 6pm at Cherokee Creek Baptist Church.
- On Thursday, the Thickety Mountain Baptist Association will have Choir Practice at 6pm at Bethel Baptist Church.
- The Shining Stars will practice this Saturday at noon in preparation for our upcoming anniversary. The Advisors.
- On February 15th at 3pm, the church family is invited to Travelers Rest Baptist Church to help them pack the pews. Pastor Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word and the Mass Choir will render songs of praise.
- WeGirlzRock NPO is sponsoring “A King & His Princess Ball” on February 21 from 5-9pm at the Cherokee County Historical & Preservation Society Building. This is an opportunity for Fathers, Grandfathers, and Uncles to set the bar high and show our young ladies how precious they are. A $20 ticket includes admission for one gentleman and his daughters, granddaughters, or nieces, food, one 5×7 photograph, and door prizes. Please see LaShanda Mintz or Felicia Galmer for tickets.
- The Ministerial Alliance and Neighborhood Alliance are holding a meeting at the Gaffney Middle School Cafeteria on Feb 23rdfrom 6p – 8p. The theme is One team One Dream. Highlights of the evening include: FREE Chicken Tender Supper, Community Meeting / Small Group Discussions and FREE Door Prizes. Sessions include: Honoring and celebrating diversity, Helping our children with their homework and assignments, and What are our children doing on Social Media?
- The Shining Stars Anniversary will be Sunday, March 1st.
- Concord will be hosting a Deep Sea Fishing trip May 2, 2015. There will be 9 spots available spots. The cost is now $150.00 per person; money is to be paid by March 9, 2015. See Deacon B. Lewis Blanton for more information.
- Online giving is now available at cbcgaffney.org.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!