Oh how I love the name Jesus!! It is the sweetest name I know! This morning the mass choir moved us with songs of praise and Pastor Bridges preached on “There’s something about His name” (Isaiah 9:6). If we will call on Jesus and praise Him, even in the midst of our troubles, that is when we will truly soar. Spread your wings and soar with the eagles; don’t you settle for hanging out with buzzards! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of the service, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements if you missed them:
- The Usher Board Anniversary will be today at 3pm. Rev. Daunte Murphy of Shiloh Baptist Church, Shelby, NC will be our special guest.
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis Eula Mae Thomas’s on Tuesday at 3pm.
- No Bible Study this Wednesday evening. There will be morning Bible Study.
- The Senior Choir will rehearse Thursday at 5:30pm.
- The Shining Stars will rehearse Saturday at 12 noon.
- The Young Women’s Auxiliary (YWA) of the Thickety Mountain Baptist Association will have its 44th annual session and banquet Saturday, Sept. 21, beginning at 4 p.m. in Bethel Baptist Church Life Center. Tickets for the banquet are $12 and may be purchased from Sis. Diana Felder and/or Shanese Dawkins, county YWA president. A ticket is not needed to attend the annual session, only for admission to banquet following. YWA presidents will be recognized and ‘Miss 2013 YWA’ will be crowned. Dr. James Sanders Jr., pastor of Bethel Baptist Church, will deliver the message. The YWA Convention Choir will practice Monday, Sept. 16, at 6 p.m. at Bethel Baptist Church Life Center. Each church’s auxiliary is encouraged to send five persons or more to practice and sing with the choir.
- The Thickety Mountain Baptist Association Baptist Week will be September 22nd – 24th. Our own Rev. Early will be the speaker on Saturday morning. All are encouraged to come out to support these services.
- September 29th will be Youth Day; the youth will be in charge of morning worship.
- In recognition of Prostate Cancer Awareness month, the Gibbs Cancer Center & Research Institute will offer free prostate cancer screenings for men at several Upstate locations in September. All men over 40 are encouraged to get screened. More detailed information is available at gibbscancercenter.com or call 864-560-7999.
Please remember to pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!