When the Storm is Raging
Thank God for such a powerful and moving service this morning! Pastor Bridges equipped us with the tools needed for “How to Handle a Spiritual Storm” (Matthew 7:24-29). When you are going through a storm, make sure you have some power (the “Holy Ghost”), that you seek higher ground with God (get out of the devil’s sand traps), and that you stay away from windows (seek shelter in Christ/get on your knees and pray). The Mass Choir beautifully reminded us that God is able to do what he said he will do; don’t give up on Him because He won’t give up on you! Amen! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of the service, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us next Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
Some of the announcements if you missed them:
- Bible study will be held in the small dining room this week for morning and evening classes.
- The Health and Safety Committee will meet Saturday Nov 9th at 10am.
- November 9th – Senior Missionary sponsoring a trip to the Dallas Flea Market. See Sis. Lillie Jones, Bernice McGill or Annie Houey for more information.
- Limestone Baptist Church is having a prayer breakfast, Saturday, November 16th at 9am. Our own Verlinda Mintz will be the morning speaker. All are encouraged to come out and support.
- November 20th – 6pm – Missionary #2 Annual Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Concord Baptist Church 141st Anniversary will be the 4th Sunday in November during morning worship service. If you are able to give, a special offering gift of a $141 is appreciated. Anyone that has any pictures of any of the old church buildings, activities, or past founding members are asked to bring them next Sunday to share for a special project. After service, pictures will be scanned and returned directly to you. Please see Deacon Lewis Blanton or Sis. Jackie Bridges.
Please remember to pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!