We praise God for all of our young people! They did a wonderful job leading worship services this morning and it is a blessing to hear about all of their accomplishments for this school year! God is doing a wonderful work in these young people and we are so very proud of each and everyone of them! We were blessed with a powerful word by the Reverend Chauncey Sims of Green Bethel Baptist Church this morning. In his sermon, “I Am A Living Testimony” (Joshua 4:1-8), we learned that when we realize that our life is not our own and we give God all the credit and honor for the works that He has done, we can become a lifeline to someone else who is sinking in despair. Don’t ever think that your testimony doesn’t mean anything! Be bold and courageous and share your story of how good God has been to you! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- Registration for summer camp is open. The first day of camp is June 8th. Please contact Sis. Vera Leach or Bro. Kym Mitchell/Blanton for info. Details and registration form here…
- The Annual Singing Convention will be this afternoon at 2:00pm.
- There will be a Community Health Awareness Day at Mt. Moriah Baptist Church of Spartanburg on Saturday June 6th from 8am – 2pm. There will be screenings and other informative sessions.
- The Limestone Missionary Baptist Church invites everyone to their Annual Women’s Day Program on next Sunday at 11am. Our very own, Minister Verlinda Mintz will be delivering the morning message.
- The All Male Chorus Anniversary will be Sunday, June 7th at 3:00pm.
- The Know2 Summer Reading program will begin Wednesday, June 10th from 4:30pm – 6:30pm for preschoolers and children needing Reading assistance. If your child or loved one would like to sign up, please contact Sis. Dorothy Petty or Minister Loretta Holmes.
- The YWAs will be taking a trip to the Dallas Flea Market on Saturday, May 13th. We will leave the church at 8am. Please see Sis. Felicia Galmer if you are interested in going.
- The Upstate Book Club will be hosting their 4th Annual Father/Daughter Banquet on Saturday June 13, 2015 @ Granard Middle School. The Banquet is an opportunity for young women and girls of all ages to honor their fathers or male role models that have played an important part in their lives such as grandfathers, uncles or even older brothers. The evening will include a photo reception, red carpet entrance, dinner and a memorable dance. Please join us in an evening honoring fathers. For registration information about this upcoming Event please contact Malisa Robbs or Carol McFadden.
- There will be a ReGenisis Back to School Health Fair June 13th from 9am- 1pm at 811 Hamrick Street in Gaffney. Children must get at least two screenings to receive the free school supplies.
- ✞ On Sunday, June the 14th during morning worship we will celebrate Pastor Bridges’ 16th Pastoral Anniversary. Dr. Henry L. Armington, Sr., Pastor of the Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, Shreveport, LA will bless us with God’s Word on this special occasion. Please join us as we honor the angel of our house for all that he is doing to further the kingdom of God! We will not do announcements that day, so please turn in any birthdays or other announcements for that week to be announced on Sunday, June 7th.
- The Community Baptist Church of Spartanburg cordially invites you to come to their 100 women in white program on Sunday, June 14th at 4:00pm. The guest speaker for the event will be our very own Minister Verlinda Mintz.
- June 21st is Father’s Day. The Fathers will be in charge of the morning worship service and will provide dinner immediately after service. The Fantatstic Volinaires of Detroit Michigan will be our special guests. All men have been asked to contribute $20 to having another cookout to celebrate the Father’s of the church. Please see Bros. Boyce Harris, Herbert Vanlue, Nate Sarratt, Graham Norris or Choice Leach to donate or volunteer.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!