What a blessing service was this morning! The Holy Spirit filled us up and we are ready for the week! The YWAs did a wonderful job leading morning worship service this morning. Dr Bridges talked about “Sisters Serving God” (Luke 10:38-42). We should all strive to have a hunger the Word of God and all Jesus has to offer like Mary, but let us not tear each other down and degrade each other over our differences. God blesses and uses us all in different ways! Let us fellowship with each other, rejoice with each other, and lift each other up as God truly intended. Give thanks for those who help make you a better Christian! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- Any young lady in need of a prom dress please contact WeGirlzRock or see Deaconess Lashanda Mintz or Sis. Felicia Galmer.
- April 26th – 30th from 6 – 8:30pm nightly, The TMBA Sunday School Congress will be held at Bethel Baptist Church. The Junior Missionaries and parents are encouraged to come out for the Youth Explosion on Thursday night at 7:30pm.
- Anyone going on the fishing trip, the buses will leave Friday promptly at 11:30. Please arrive early.
- Due to the rain cancellation, YWAs will meet at the TMBA building next Saturday, May 2nd at 9am for the Adopt-a-highway project.
- Gaffney Middle School Annual Title I Spring Meeting is being sponsored by the Giving Back Organization, One Team One Dream, & Know(2). It will be held on Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 1-5 pm at Gaffney Middle School Gymnasium.
1-1:45 FREE Food (Hot Dogs, Fish, Etc)
1:50–2:30 – Parent and Student meeting in the gym
2:30-5pm – Inflatables, Basketball games, Bingo in the media center, etc.
For questions, call (864) 425-0628
- May 3 ~ The Church family is invited to Harrison Grove Baptist Church for their Homecoming. Dr. Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word and the Mass Choir will render songs of praise.
- May 9~ 9:00-11:00 A.M Missionary #2~ Annual Mother/Daughter Breakfast will be held in the family life center. 8 – 9am Breakfast will be served. 9am – 11am we will have worship service.
- May 10th is Mother’s Day. Mother’s will be in charge of the morning worship service. One Purpose will be our Special Guests.
- May 17~ 3:00 P.M~ Senior Gospel Choir Anniversary.
- GRADUATES: K5, High School or College – Please give your name to Shari Byers.
- The Muscular Dystrophy Association’s mission is to save and improve lives of people fighting muscle disease. They fund research to find treatments and cures, support and empower families and rally communities by aligning with supporters who care. MDA research grants currently are supporting more than 250 projects worldwide. MDA invests donations wisely, with 77 cents of every dollar going directly to fund our mission. Designated a “Top-Rated Charity” by the American Institute of Philanthropy, MDA is the first nonprofit to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Medical Association “for significant and lasting contributions to the health and welfare of humanity.” Kym Mitchell/Blanton is currently working to raise money for this great cause and has set a goal of $2400 to be raised by May 7th! Even if everyone just gave a couple of dollars, it will make a huge difference in someone’s life. There is a box in the lobby for contributions. See Kym for questions. You also may donate online via this link: Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Registration for summer camp is now open. The first day of camp is June 8th. Please contact Sis. Vera Leach or Bro. Kym Mitchell/Blanton for info.
- Registration for GBO Basketball and Cheerleading camps is also open. Registration forms are in the lobby.
- Thompson Tutorial services currently has after-school and summer tutoring spots available. Please contact them at Julian Thompson or Jemeisha McDowell-Thompson for more information.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!