Thank you God for another day, week, and month to get it together! We may have set the clocks back last night, but we are moving forward in your glorious name! This morning the Mass Choir sang beautifully as always and Pastor Bridges encouraged us to “Stop Making Excuses, Make It Happen” (Luke 14:16-24). In the midst of all we are going through, God is still God! He can work it all out, but we must take an honest look at what we are doing for Him. Faith without works is dead. Are you serving Him the way Jesus taught and showed us how to serve? Are you using your time and your talents wisely and for Him? One day we will all have to give an account before Him. Let it be a good report! Don’t wait any longer, get to work for the Lord today! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- This afternoon the church family is invited to First Baptist Church in Lawndale, NC to help celebrate Dr. Billy Houze Pastoral Anniversary. Dr. Bridges will deliver the Spoken Word and the mass choir will render songs of praise.Dinner is served at 1:30 and the service will start at 3pm.
- Exercise your rights. Vote Tuesday, November 4th! Information on ballots and polling locations at SCVotes.org
- The Shining Stars will rehearse this Saturday at 12 noon. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- On November 8th from 10am – 2pm, we will host the Cherokee County EMS and provide assistance signing up our members and community members for the new FREE Smart911 service. Computers and volunteers will be available to help you sign up in the Family Life Center. When you call 9-1-1 from your cell phone the Emergency Responders do not know where you are. With this new registry, a call from your cell phone or other registered phone numbers will trigger the release of not only your address, but important health and emergency contact information. You can provide as little or as much information as you desire and all of your information is held confidential. It is available for viewing by EMS personnel ONLY if/when you call 9-1-1. This information can save seconds or minutes during an emergency. Read more about it at Smar911.com.
- The Free Senior Citizens Thanksgiving Dinner sponsored by the GBO for seniors age 62 and up will be held on Nov 8th from 12p-3pm at the Beltline Apartments Cafeteria. To-Go boxes will only be served after 2:30. See Bro. Johnny Sarratt for more information.
- Outreach for Haiti will be Sunday Nov 16th. Please bring any new or gently used clothing and shoes. Please, no sweaters or coats as the temperatures do not fall below 80 degrees. They will be boxed and loaded onto the truck at the family life center. Thank you for being a blessing.
- The Ministerial Alliance and Neighborhood Alliance are holding a meeting at the Gaffney Middle School Cafeteria on Tuesday, Nov 18th from 6p – 8p. The theme is “One team, One Dream”. Highlights of the evening include:
FREE Spaghetti Supper, Performance by GMS Chorus Students, Community Meeting / Small Group Discussions, FREE Door Prizes, Event Focus: How do WE work together to ensure the success of ALL of our students?
- Wednesday, November 19th we will have our annual pre-Thanksgiving Dinner.
- On November 22nd at 7pm, the stage play “A Past and Present Slave” will be at the Chapman Cultural Center in Spartanburg. All are encouraged to come out and support this group of talented young people. More information available at http://www.apastandpresentslave.com
- On November 23rd we will celebrate our 142nd Church Anniversary.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!