In God’s Hands
The Praise Team, Senior Gospel Choir and All Male Choir really filled us up this morning! What a blessing indeed! Pastor Bridges followed suit reminding us of God’s power and informing us that when we are in God’s hands, no one can pluck us from Him. No weapons formed against us will prosper! In the sermon “When Jesus Took My Hand” (Mark 5:41), he advised us to stop leaning on people and turn it all over to Jesus. Watch Him work it out! It’s not too late to get a CD or DVD of either of the services, please contact Bro. Nathaniel Sarratt or one of the Audio/Video team members to get your copy today. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements from this morning in case you missed them:
- Outreach for Haiti will be Sunday, Nov 16th. Please bring any new or gently used clothing and shoes. Please, no sweaters or coats as the temperatures do not fall below 80 degrees. They will be boxed and loaded onto the truck at the family life center. Thank you for being a blessing.
- The Ministerial Alliance and Neighborhood Alliance are holding a meeting at the Gaffney Middle School Cafeteria on Tuesday, Nov 18th from 6p – 8p. The theme is “One team, One Dream”. Highlights of the evening include:
FREE Spaghetti Supper, Performance by GMS Chorus Students, Community Meeting / Small Group Discussions, FREE Door Prizes, Event Focus: How do WE work together to ensure the success of ALL of our students?
- The Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner will be held on Wednesday, November 19th at 6:00pm. The Guest speaker will be Rev. William Wiggins, Pastor of Holden Chapel Baptist Church.
- The Shining Stars will rehearse Saturday, November 22nd at 12 noon. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- On November 22nd at 7pm, the stage play “A Past and Present Slave” will be at the Chapman Cultural Center in Spartanburg. All are encouraged to come out and support this group of talented young people. More information available at http://www.apastandpresentslave.com
- On November 23rd we will celebrate our 142nd Church Anniversary.
- The 5th Sunday, November 30th, is Youth Sunday. The youth will be in charge of morning worship. Please see Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith if you want to participate on the program.
- The Senior Missionary Annual Family Day will be on December 7th at 3pm. Rev. Michael Golden, Pastor of the Limestone Missionary Baptist Church will bring the Spoken Word.
- The Honda Battle of the Bands will be Jan 24th 2015 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. There will be a sign up sheet in the lobby starting next Sunday. The tickets are $15 for the show and costs for transportation is still pending. Last day to sign up and pay will be the 5th Sunday. Please see Sis. Debra Johnson or Bro. Johnny Sarratt.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Vanlue or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!