Today was our annual YWA (Young Women Auxiliary) Program and we had a glorious time. The YWA’s along with their President, Felicia Galmer, were in charge of our morning worship. Minister Allisondria Durham, an associate minister of the Monks Groves Baptist Church in Spartanburg, SC was our special guest. She shared with us that “When You Are Down To Nothing, God Is Up To Something.” (1 Kings 17:7-14). Minister Durham encourages all to stay faithful to God even when you have to make major sacrifices. Contact Nathaniel Sarratt at 864-490-2352 to order your cd for $5 or a DVD for $10.
If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for this week:
- The GBO 2018 Boys & Girls Basketball and Cheerleading camp registration is now open. Deadline to register is Saturday, April 28th. Forms are available in the church lobby, 1180 WFGN, the Boys & Girls Club, and Gaffney Middle School. Contact Bro Johnny Sarratt, Sr or Terrance Smith Sr for questions.
- TMBA Congress of Christian Education will be April 23rd-27th at 6pm – 8pm nightly here at Concord Baptist Church. There will be classes for all ages.
- The GMS Annual Title I Spring Meeting (Sponsored by the GBO, One Team One Dream, KNOW(2), & Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department) will be April 29, 2018 from 12:00 – 4:00 pm in the Gaffney Middle School Gymnasium.
The Program Includes: FREE Food (Hot dogs, Fish, etc); Informational Sessions for Parents and students; Inflatables, basketball Games, Bingo … and more! For questions call (864) 425-0628.
- The YWA’s are sponsoring a Senior Luncheon & Movie Get together here at the church for seniors age 60 and up on Saturday, April 28ht at 12 Noon. Contact Sis. Felicia Galmer for questions.
- The TMBA YWAs will be having a Fish Fry at Limestone Baptist Church, Saturday, April 28th from 12-4pm. Fish plates are $8 and sandwiches are $4.
- The junior missionary are sponsoring a trip to JoyFest at Carowinds on May 26th. If you are interested in tickets ($38), payments are due. Please see a Junior Missionary Advisor today.
- The 5th Sunday in April is Youth Sunday. All young adults are asked to please contact Sis. Annette Smith or Min. Stephanie Tate if you would like to participate on the program.
- If anyone has awards or achievements, please bring your certificates next Sunday and give them to Sis. Shari Byers.
- All 5K, High School and College graduates are asked to please register on the list in the lobby by Sunday, April 29th. Thank you!
- Anointed Academy Summer Camp Registration is now open. Space is limited. Please contact Sis. Kesha Logan today to register your child.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!