Down at the cross
O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together! When we seek Him; he always shows up right on time and this morning’s worship was no exception. We will bless the Lord! In his sermon, “Down at the Cross” (Mark 15:39), Dr. Bridges shared with us that our time here is decreasing every day. What are you going to do? If you are headed down the path to the gates of hell, it is not too late to take a U turn in your life as long as you still have breath in your body. Get off the fence and make the right decision today. The countdown is on… If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for today if you missed them:
- GBO Spring/Summer Basketball & Cheerleading sign up is underway. Registration is Free. Sign up forms are in the Lobby. Give forms to Johnny Sarratt, Elvis Johnson or Torshia Tate.
- Piney Grove Baptist Church invites everyone out to their revival this week. Starting this afternoon at 3pm, Speaking will be Rev. Tony Macomson. At 7pm nightly each evening, on Monday will be Dr. JW Sanders, Tuesday, Rev. Timothy Hunter, Wednesday – Rev. CA Wallace and Thurs – Dr. Danny Burnside. The All-Male Choir will go to Piney Grove this week.
- The Senior Missionary will meet at Sis Inez Dawkins home at 3pm on Tuesday.
- The YWAs will meet this Saturday at 11am.
- The shining stars will practice this Saturday at 12 noon. Please be present and on time. The Advisors.
- April 24th is YWA Day. Minister Talisa Allen will be our guest speaker during morning worship.
- There will be a Pardon / Expungement Workshop on Monday, April 25th at 6pm – 7:30pmat the C C Woodson Community Center.
- April 25 – 28 – 6p-8:30p nightly – The TMBA Sunday School Congress will be held at Bethel Baptist Church.
- Anyone desiring to apply for an officer position in the TMBA are encouraged to see Dr. Bridges for an application. The deadline for applying is April 30th.
- The YWAs are sponsoring a Free Senior Luncheon in the Family Life Center, Saturday, April 30th from 1:00pm -3:00pm. All senior adults are invited to attend for free Food, Fellowship, & Bingo. To help us plan appropriately we are asking for you to please sign up in the lobby.
- GMS Annual Title I Spring Meeting – Sponsored by the GBO, One Team One Dream, KNOW(2), & Cherokee County Sheriff’s Department. April 30, 2016 from 12:30 – 4:30 pm at the Gaffney Middle School Gymnasium.
FREE Food (Hot dogs, Fish, etc)
Informational Sessions for parents and students
Basketball Games, Bingo … and more!
There will also be Voter Registration!
For questions call (864) 425-0628
This will be the last day to sign up for the FREE GBO Youth Spring/Summer Basketball & Cheerleading.
- The Junior Missionary is sponsoring a trip to Daytona Beach / Holy Land Experience in Orlando, August 4th – 6th. Please see Sis. Kathy Littlejohn or Sis. Jackie Bridges after church services in the lobby for questions or to pay for your trip.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!