We are so proud of all of our youth for their many accomplishments and for leading a wonderful worship service this morning! May God continue to bless and protect each and every one of them! We also extend our gratitude to Bro. Thomas Rhyant, Jr. for helping us kick off black history Month with a wonderful tribute and history lesson on the late Same Cooke. Also we thank Reverend Henry McGill for bringing a great Word “Spiritual Blessings Through God’s Will” (Ephesians 1:3-7). He reminded us that God has a plan for everyone’s life. If we will just take time to ask Him and wait on Him, He will show us. What a blessing it is to walk in His will for your life! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for this week:
- The Shining Stars will practice each Saturday at 11am in February in preparation for their upcoming anniversary. On February 11th, they will practice after the church meeting. The Advisors.
- The Annual Church Meeting will be Saturday, February 11th at 11am.
- There is a FREE College Fair in Alexandria, Virginia on Saturday, February 18th from 9am- 3:30pm where more than 70 HBCUs will be in attendance. Recruiters and Band directors will be on hand to answer questions, take applications, and conduct interviews and band tryouts. There will also be informative seminars all day. For more information or to register for this event, go to: http://www.alfredstreet.org/ministries/outreach-and-missions/hbcu-festival/#
- On the 25th of February, 2017, SCC-Cherokee County Campus, will be hosting and conducting the SC College Goal 2017 (http://sccango.org/college- goal-event-info-and-sign-up/ ). The purpose is help anyone who plans to aLend college in the next year, regardless of where they intend to go, to complete their FAFSA. We will have Financial Aid Professionals from SCC and Limestone on-site that Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This is totally free. The target market for this event is anyone who is a first generation college attendee, a minority, and/or from a household living below the poverty level. Of course, they will serve anyone who comes in the door.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address email@example.com.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!