What a beautiful day after the storms have passed… We thank God for his mercy in our area and pray for all those who have been affected by Hurricane Matthew. Minister Johnny Sarratt, Jr. preached “This Means War” (Ephesians 6:10-18). Don’t be caught off guard and unprepared! Keep on the full armor of God and be ready for battle. There is a spiritual war going on and we have already been promised victory through Christ Jesus, and Jesus alone. If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for this week:
- There will be Bible Study Wednesday morning. No Bible Study Wednesday evening because of the TMBA Sunday School Congress this week.
- The Nursery is celebrating their 2nd year anniversary. It is available every Sunday morning during morning worship for children from 0-4. See Sis. Mary Ellis or Sis. Angela McGill for questions.
- All are invited to Bethesda Baptist Church this afternoon for Rev. Roderick Oglesby’s Pastoral Anniversary at 2:30pm. Rev. Kerwin Wray is the speaker for the occasion.
- All are invited to Limestone Baptist Church this afternoon for Rev. Michael Golden’s 12th Pastoral Anniversary at 2:00pm. Bishop Troy McDowell, Sr is the speaker for the occasion.
- All are invited to the 7th Pastoral anniversary for Reverend Anitonette Gardner this afternoon at Hopewell Presbyterian Church of Blacksburg. At 2pm, Rev. John Houze of Peoples Baptist Church of Kings Mountain will deliver the afternoon message.
- The Praise Dancers will practice this Wednesday at 7pm.
- The Senior Ushers will meet briefly after morning worship next Sunday.
- All are encouraged to wear pink on next Sunday, October 16th in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- Next Sunday the Gaffney Mass Choir Reunion benefitting Bro. Lamont Wilkins will be at 4 pm at Greater Hope Ministries in Gaffney.
- The Shining Stars will practice the 4th Saturday in October at 11am.
- The NAACP Freedom Fund Banquet will be Saturday, Oct 22nd at 5pm at Bethel Baptist Church. Hall of Fame Honorees will be Rev. Kerwin Wray and Rev. London C. Knuckles (Posthumously). Speaker for the evening is William Manning. Please see Sis. Mary Jolly for tickets.
- Trustee Day will be Sunday, October 23rd.
- Fall Festival is Wednesday, October 26th from 6pm – 8pm. There will be food, games, fun and fellowship! Anyone desiring to volunteer to work are asked to see Sis. Felicia Galmer, YWA president.
- The 5th Sunday in October is Youth Sunday. All youth are asked to please contact Sis. Stephanie Tate or Sis. Annette Smith if you would like to participate on the program.
- Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!