The Apostle Paul encouraged the young Timothy “Let no one despise your youth, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.” (1 Timothy 4:12) Likewise, we are so proud of our young people who did a fantastic job not only leading morning worship, but has demonstrated so many accomplishments this school year. Despite what some might say, the future is indeed bright! Praise God! We were blessed with a powerful Word from God this morning by Rev. Troy Gaffney, “Was Blind, But Now I See” (John 9:1-11) With Jesus all things are possible! The blind man wasn’t even looking for healing, can you imagine what is possible if we actually live in expectation? Stay close to Him and keep believing, and see that He is faithful to His Word! If you don’t have a church home, we welcome you to join us this Sunday at 10am to see for yourself what God can do!
The announcements for today if you missed them:
- There will not be any morning or evening Bible Study this week.
- The Annual Singing Convention will be this afternoon at 2pm here at Concord Baptist Church.
- Registration is open for the Youth Summer Camp set to begin on Monday, June 6th and goes through Fri, July 29th. Forms are in the lobby on the table. Contact Deaconess Vera Leach, Sis. Kesha Logan or Bro. Kym Mitchell for information. Anyone desiring to donate or sponsor a child for the summer are asked to please see Sis. Lakesha Logan.
- The Know2 Summer Reading program will begin Wednesday, June 8th from 4pm – 6pm for preschoolers and children needing Reading assistance. If your child or loved one would like to sign up, please contact Sis. Dorothy Petty
- Bethel Baptist Church invites everyone out for their Annual Revival Services. Sunday, June 5th at 10am and June 6th – 8th at 7pm nightly. The Revivalist will be Dr. Ronnie Williams, Pastor of Generostee Baptist Church, Starr, SC.
- Fathers, uncles, grandfathers, brothers, mentors, significant others or anyone with a special girl(s) is invited to spend a semi-formal/formal evening full of fun. Saturday, June 11, 2016. Father Daughter Pictures at 5:00 pm / Father Daughter Banquet at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Granard Middle School Cafeteria A father and one daughter $25.00. Two meals, A boutonniere for dad, A rose for each daughter, Addition daughters, family members and friends $5.00 per person
(Make this a father daughter date each year) Contact: Malisa Robbs at (864) 490-4277 – firstname.lastname@example.org or Carol McFadden (864) 491-7083 – mail: email@example.com
- The 17th Pastoral Anniversary for our very own, Dr. Michael A. Bridges, will be June 12th during morning worship. Rev. Roderick Oglesby will deliver the morning message and the Bethesda Baptist Church will be our special guests.
- Allen Temple CME Church Revival will be Monday, June 13 – Wed, June 15th at 7pm Nightly. The Guest speakers will be Mon-Rev. Kerwin Wray, Tues-Rev. Cassandry Keys, and Wed-Rev. Calvin Smith
- June 21st is Father’s Day. Father’s will be in charge of morning worship. Anyone desiring to be on the program is asked to see Deacon Jackie Leach. Anyone desiring to contribute toward the dinner after morning worship are asked to see Boyce Harris, Herbert Vanlue, Min. Verlinda Mintz, Mary Ann Jolly, or James Bridges.
- The Granard Mass Reunion will be held Friday, July 1st – Sunday, July 3rd at the Spartanburg Marriott Hotel. Costs are $35 single events/$100 All Events.Deadline to register has been extended to May 31st. Details in the Lobby on the table. Contact Charles Montgomery or Vicki Cyr for questions or to register.
- The Junior Missionary is sponsoring a trip to Daytona Beach / Holy Land Experience in Orlando, August 4th – 6th. Please see Sis. Kathy Littlejohn or Sis. Jackie Bridges after church services in the lobby for questions or to pay for your trip. Final payments due by June 15th.
Please get all announcements to Jackie Sims or Jackie Bridges by Wednesday each week. You may call, text, use the website contact form, or email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember to visit and pray for our sick and shut-ins.
May the Lord God Bless You Real Good!